• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Has anyone else had issues with amazon Prime deliveries?

We live in the boonies. Out of 78 Amazon shipments last year, maybe 2-3 missed the mark, on damage and/or missed shipping time. Missed shipping time was maybe by a day, and was due to the shipper, not Amazon. The latest was just a week ago, and USPS was the culprit. USPS offers something now called Informed Delivery you can sign up for free. You get a daily email with images of the letters, and/or parcels on the way. I did the locker one time just for the novelty of it. The closest locker to me is 30 min away. I might use that feature more if it was closer.

I've had a couple problems with deliveries but they have been with amazons own delivery service amzl.

What about now?

Beat me to it, had to be some lost packages along with the 3 lives lost. Sad. Prayers for the families.

This may fix my delivery problems. This trend started with Office Max years ago as a way to cut delivery costs.

We live in no where Okieville. My issue was years ago they missed the mark several times. However, back then Google maps was showing my address 1/4 mile short of my house. I have not had that issue in several years. My issue now is that the item is marked as Prime on the website but it may take 5 to 7 days to get. Most of our stuff in Central Oklahoma comes from Dallas. Amazon is in the process of building a distribution center in OKC.

Over the last few months, I've had deliveries that have been delayed due to shipper mishandling ... specifically, USPS.
Amazon is of little help and of course, the post office is nonresponsive.

I use Prime for the free shipping (basically, prepaid and fixed amount shipping) and a designated delivery date.
Being semi-rural and an hour from the nearest "city", it makes fiscal sense to buy mail order.

So I'm torn between those benefits and the frustration with increasing delivery problems.
I'm wondering if there are others becoming more and more frustrated and thinking of blowing off amazon altogether.

I found the problem Mitch.

You will just have to scroll down to Maximus comment as I can't seem to get it to post.

Back