• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Has anyone else had issues with amazon Prime deliveries?

I am still waiting for a FedEx delivery from Christmas 2017. The latest FedEx delivery driver said they might have delivered it to the Cell Phone tower near the house. Only thing around with a fenced gate. They won't pay me because they say the driver delivered it correctly. All of them have issues.

Update:

The package due on Saturday the 12th has vanished.
No tracking updates since Friday the 11th

Amazon has cancelled the order and issued a refund.

I did sign up for Informed delivery and it's a nifty tool.
This is the normal story I get. Of course when I try to reorder, the price has gone up or something.
Amazon relies on a lot of different suppliers and that will be their downfall.

Around Christmas, it was a little slow, but otherwise Amazon typically always nail it for me.

I appear to be lucky as I have only had a couple of delay issues and not much else.
There was one package in 4 years that never arrived, and I got a refund in 24 hrs so can't really complain.
2day delivery can sometimes take 4 days but that's not usually a problem for me.
I also enjoy the streaming I get with the prime cost, getting rid of cable is definitely worth it just for that!

In PA we never had issues. Since moving out here to Springtown in 2017 it has been very hit or miss. Some of it is our local USPS carrier. We don't have a fence so instead of coming down our 150' driveway for awhile they were dropping our packages over our neighbors fence across the road. He brought them over but I think he got tired of it and complained. Because they finally started putting them on our front stoop. But as an act of rebellion they would drive through our yard up to the stoop to avoid walking. I complained once after some very deep tire tracks in our front yard on a rainy day and that stopped. I have complained about late Prime packages and got $10 credits a few times in the past. But I really don't like complaining so I let it go a lot.

But as an act of rebellion they would drive through our yard up to the stoop to avoid walking.

Our USPS mail lady will NOT get out of her vehicle, under any circumstances. She really likes her horn. She is VERY impatient and doesn't give you more than 30 seconds or so to appear before she's tearing out of the driveway. Multiple times we have opened the door to see her driving away. We get the little slip in our box out by the street saying that no one was home. Then we have to go into town to get the packages.

My UPS dude is awesome. He also delivers to our office, which is a few miles down the road from my house. He'll approach the front door and he can see me at my desk through the window by the door. If he sees me on the phone, he'll give a gentle knock to make sure I know he's there, and then either leave the package at the door or set it just inside if I motion him in. Yesterday he showed up at the door empty handed. I went over to see what was up and he asked me where I wanted the boxes... unusual... I walked over to the truck with him and when he opened the rear of it, he said, "This is all for you!" It was pretty much the entire truck!! My dad had ordered a bunch of raised bed gardening kits and potting soil. We have a covered parking spot next to the garage and asked him if he could put it under the cover for us, then we went back inside. Later I went out to check on it and he had stacked it all very neatly in the center of the slab so that it was covered from all sides as good as possible. Sometimes, if I am expecting a package that is set to be delivered to our house and he comes by the office first, I will ask if he has one for me and he'll go ahead and let me take it rather than making me wait until I get home.

As for Amazon itself, we have had great luck dealing with their customer service. There have been some orders messed up over the years, but no worse than any other retailer. Returning/Exchanging things has always been easy, unless we have issues with the USPS, which we recently did :doh: :roll: Amazon told us to mark a box "refused" and give it back to the USPS for return. Instead the USPS kept trying to deliver it. She CRAMMED it in our mailbox. It was so tight that we could not get it back out without damaging the box. So then we took it to the actual Post Office so they could repack it and send it back.

I've had a big problem with FedEx not putting packages in the big container at my gate marked "packages". Had a few parts orders left in the dirt and mud. When I emailed FedEx customer service, they replied that I needed to call customer service because customer service could help me better than customer service.:doh:

Usps an Ups do not have a problem finding the box. Until recently FedEx turned all packages for my area over to Usps, I assume funding cuts ended that.

I can't find the photos.

Again, the delivery folks seem great. I try and meet them when I see them and offer a cold bottle of water or gatorade in the heat of the summer.
Again, I don't seem to have issues with FedEx or UPS processes ... only time things go sideways is with USPS.
Again, if it were only an occasional issue, I can understand. But four times since October.

I looked at the shipping notification issued by Amazon and it clearly states "guaranteed delivery by".
So I asked, via chat with Amazon CSR, what was their definition of "guarantee"?
Only received canned, scripted responses, none of which contained an answer.

Under the Amazon logo it clearly states "guaranteed delivery by" ... so from my POV Amazon puts themselves as THE responsible party.

I have had Amazon give me a some sort of a partial credit back on the rare occasion that a package doesn't show up when it is "guaranteed" by and I follow up with them. However, it is on me to do the following up.

Again, the delivery folks seem great. I try and meet them when I see them and offer a cold bottle of water or gatorade in the heat of the summer.
Again, I don't seem to have issues with FedEx or UPS processes ... only time things go sideways is with USPS.
Again, if it were only an occasional issue, I can understand. But four times since October.

I looked at the shipping notification issued by Amazon and it clearly states "guaranteed delivery by".
So I asked, via chat with Amazon CSR, what was their definition of "guarantee"?
Only received canned, scripted responses, none of which contained an answer.

Under the Amazon logo it clearly states "guaranteed delivery by" ... so from my POV Amazon puts themselves as THE responsible party.

I've ordered from lots of places using one or two day delivery when I REALLY needed parts. It is hit and miss on whether or not they actually DO get there overnight or in two days. I've yet to find one that will actually give a refund if the package does not arrive on time. It kind of begs the whole question of what's the point in a customer paying for it if you won't actually do it!? The answer I have most often been given is that paying for that service means they will TRY but there is no guarantee... Seems a bit scammish to me... :roll:

Their lowballing the shipping price, being subsidized by the US government
Most people either do not know this or do not believe it. But, you are correct - mostly.

Amazon dictated the price they will pay - take or leave it. It took some time, but the post office accepted the "deal" even though it was less than USPS's cost.... pause.... this means it costs USPS money everytime they accept a package from Amazon.

Think about it. At the end of the day:
- Your postal rates are increased to cover all Amazon USPS deliveries even if you don't use Amazon
- and/or the Federal Government increases its subsidies in order to effectively "pay" part of Amazon's shipping cost to keep Amazon
- Why does the government and the USPS only give Amazon this preferential treatment?
- Why does the use give every small business in the US this same break? They deserve it more than Amazon?
- Amazon is the only one getting Saturday delivery from USPS.

Then it's back to Washington for more money to cover the debt. Who even uses usps anymore? Its mostly just used for cheap advertising junk mail.

Sign up for paribus, it will often times check on your expected delivery date and will generally get you a discount for another order if it is late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow up ...

Longhorn said they have the part in stock and amazon says "payment pending"
Amazon CSR claims it's a delayed with the shipper, then claims its out of stock, then defaults back to a shipping issue.

Order cancelled.

Amazon, like Apple and Google, have become too big and gotten away from what got them to the behemoth they now are.

Just had a similar experience; selected a product specifically because it showed availability via Prime for next-day delivery. Paid the extra $7.99 for next-day; this morning get an email saying that it won't ship until Monday for Tuesday delivery, but not refunding my one-day shipping fee. Canceled the order.

Follow up ...

Longhorn said they have the part in stock and amazon says "payment pending"
Amazon CSR claims it's a delayed with the shipper, then claims its out of stock, then defaults back to a shipping issue.

Order cancelled.

Amazon, like Apple and Google, have become too big and gotten away from what got them to the behemoth they now are.
But they're to big to fail lol

LOL ... the real pisser is that both the vendor and Amazon was not concerned at all about the conflicting data and was content for me to act as a liaison.

I wound up ordering what I needed from Rocky Mountain.

LOL ... the real pisser is that both the vendor and Amazon was not concerned at all about the conflicting data and was content for me to act as a liaison.

I wound up ordering what I needed from Rocky Mountain.
That's my go to

Yeah well I ordered a book for a men's church group. Today Prime delivered the envelope: not sealed, no book. And their website has no clear path how to handle that event. So, I am doing a "return" with a note inside explaining the situation.

Maybe it is time to find another book vendor.

Yeah well I ordered a book for a men's church group. Today Prime delivered the envelope: not sealed, no book. And their website has no clear path how to handle that event. So, I am doing a "return" with a note inside explaining the situation.

Maybe it is time to find another book vendor.
For any Christain books, I cannot recommend Christainbooks.com enough.
We order all our homeschooling books and fiction reads for the kids along with Bible studies and theology.

And on the other hand, I ordered two copies of the book Biggest Brother to give to two people at work and Amazon stated it would be at my house in two days. On the second day... I had books. Before that I ordered an E6B flight computer, a logbook, and a kneeboard for my flight training. It was cheaper than anywhere else I could find it and qualified for next day shipping. It arrived the next day and I was happy as could be. So who knows....

Back