• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Has Scott lost his mind?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I realize that some people may wonder why I would put a forum section on the website where people can make prayer requests. I realize that there are many people out there that cannot fathom how anyone could believe in something so silly as God or Jesus, especially in our day and age of brilliant technology and science. Nonetheless, there are a great number of us that believe God to be real, that he does listen, that we should pray for one another, and support one another. To that end, I have decided to place this forum here where people can let us know if there is anyone in their life that may need such prayer.

:tab Let me be very blunt for a moment. This forum is NOT the place to start debates about whether God is real, God vs. Science, or Christianity vs. any other religion, etc,... I will not hesitate to delete every single post that treads along those lines. If you are a Buddhist, Muslim, Athiest, whatever, you should feel free to post here about someone that you think the rest of us should be keeping in our daily thoughts and prayers. I expect people to treat posting here as something to be done seriously and with respect. Therefore, consider this fair warning. ;-)

Adios,

Its your website, Bud.... You get to decide what happens and what doesn't.

Besides, praying is the same in all religions. This forum is not called "Christian prayer requests only".

Peace for you and this community.

terry said:
May the God of our salvation bless you and yours....and thank
you for taking a stand.....as my pastor said one day..."I read the
end of the book and we win. God bless...
Terry

Awesome! Except you ruined the ending for the rest of us! :lol:

Great Job Scott

Now days it is so easy to discard your walk with the Lord. To keep it to yourself. I have been a Christian for over 40 years but strayed more years than I'd like to admit. Lately though, I have made the stance that "My house will Serve the Lord".

I'd like to pray for our leaders of this country, my family, teachers, my neighbors, and all my friends I have met here.

I am a Deacon at Hallsville FBC, and a motorcycle rider and dragracer, and I think we should pray for each other every time we get on our motorcycles.
God gave us free will, to believe or not to believe, but we are still brothers and sisters when we ride and should respect each other no matter what we believe.

Impressive. I'm fairly new to this site and still exploring. What a pleasant surprise to find this forum.

Thanks Scott.

I think some of you have seen my pic from another thread here and know what I do for a living. Recap5'10' 200lbs Long hair, tattoos, mustasche goatee, Repoman/Bounty Hunter. When I eat at home or in public, I always say grace OUT LOUD. Politically correct? Worried about the rights/feeling/interests of non christians? I don't think so! And whats furthermore ANYONE who has a problem with me and mine praying in public is gonna have ALOT more problems than having to listen to ME pray(They had BETTER start to pray themselves) I think tht we have tried so hard to be "PC" that we have managed to take away Christians religous freedom. Remember you got a hotline to the man ANYTIME you need it,,,,, you just have to bend down a little ways and duck your head.

I pray daily; I don't think I could've made it otherwise (especially the last few years). Because of faith, if you notice my profile, "Life is Sweet". Thanks for the encouragement. ;-)
klrno2 said:
Impressive. I'm fairly new to this site and still exploring. What a pleasant surprise to find this forum.

Thanks Scott.

Interesting post considering that I just read a story today in Startlegram about about an increase in lawsuits protesting the celebrating of Christmas.
Obviously this is a cycle forum so I will not push my right leaning conservative Christian beliefs on anyone here (unless you start it) ;-) .

All I can say is that our society is getting to be a scary place and a lot of that has to do with people's "religious" belief or lack there of...
Sometimes I falter but I would hope that my cycle riding (like everything else should be) is done for the glory of God.

Peace out and keep the prayer requests going.

Hey, um Scott, where do you get your smiley icons?

Just asking, 'cause I'm thinking we need a prayer smiley...aye?

Sandy

klrno2 said:
Hey, um Scott, where do you get your smiley icons?

Just asking, 'cause I'm thinking we need a prayer smiley...aye?

Sandy
:pray: Already in the smilies group........ :mrgreen:

Re: Great Job Scott

Greeves TFS said:
Now days it is so easy to discard your walk with the Lord. To keep it to yourself. I have been a Christian for over 40 years but strayed more years than I'd like to admit. Lately though, I have made the stance that "My house will Serve the Lord".

I'd like to pray for our leaders of this country, my family, teachers, my neighbors, and all my friends I have met here.

We all stray -- all men are sinners and all fall short of the Glory of God. Some of us just admit it, ask forgiveness, and know that we are ransomed by the sacrifice of the Lamb.

Grace -- you can't earn it, you can't buy it, and you don't deserve it, but the Lord gives it to you any way.

Lee
Saved, not perfect.

BTW Scott, what was the question???

Re: Great Job Scott

leekellerking said:
We all stray -- all men are sinners and all fall short of the Glory of God. Some of us just admit it, ask forgiveness, and know that we are ransomed by the sacrifice of the Lamb.

Grace -- you can't earn it, you can't buy it, and you don't deserve it, but the Lord gives it to you any way.

Lee
Saved, not perfect.

BTW Scott, what was the question???

I agree, what was the question?? I am Christian, but am more than willing to accept a member of any religion that comes in peace into my life and home.

I too have struggled over the years. Serenity did not return to my life until I allowed the Lord to again be an active part of my daily life. I am blessed beyond measure and grow more serene with every passing day.

Thanks for the thread Scott :clap:

Tourmeister, kudos for making this public.

Part of my start up routine is prayer. I never get on the bike until I've asked God to make me visible to those on the street, make them visible to me and bring me back to my family safe and on schedule. Like the AMEX card, I don't leave home without it.

I haven't been a member of this Forum very long but realized there was a positive attitude towards a belief in a higher Power. So, I joined this group.
Although I am a member of several other bike and Off Road Forums I must say this group of my local riders is a lot more comfortable to talk to. More positive attitudes here that encourage rather than belittle.

I have been a believer for many years. Thank God my parents taught me when I was young. Like many, I stepped out of bounds a few times, but have always come back to the center.

Thank you Scott for making this avenue available to us. It means a lot to me.

BTY, My Son is a Minister and my Daughter is a writer for a weekly womens online devotional magazine. They are that way because their Mother and I raised them that way. Carrying on the Tradition.

I won't carry my scriptures on my forehead, but I do have a small cross on my helmet. I feel it keeps me accountable for my actions.

God Bless you all, and safe and happy Biking.

Curtis

Scott,

I cannot fathom how anyone could NOT believe in God or Jesus, especially in our day and age of brilliant technology and science.

pk

Back