• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Have an older version of PhotoShop? Adobe Creative Cloud is looking for you

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Have an older version of Photoshop? CS3+?
Adobe Creative Cloud is (starting Sept 17th) offering a Photoshop Photography program.
For $10/mo, you'll get Photoshop, Lightroom, 20gb of storage, and a Behance account space.
Not an introductory price, that's the price you'll pay as long as your account is active.

FAQ here: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.edu.html#pslr-bundle

At $10/mo that's a good price. Thats Photoshop for $120/yr which is less than you'd pay for a single copy of Lightroom.

Found a copy of CS3 for Mac on eBay for $65. Not bad.

While that's a better price then what was previously offered I will not go the cloud route. I'll stick with the stand alone versions of LR and later as my PS6 gets a bit long in tooth I'll probably switch to PS Elements since it pretty much will do everything I use PS for now. As of now Adobe CLAIMS that LR will always be offered as a stand alone option so I can live with that. I'll continue to upgrade every 2nd or 3rd version and the same will go for PSE.

This is very tempting. Not sure if I want to jump up to the cloud or not yet. I looked over the details... why are they making people wait until 9/17/2013?

lol..... I'm still on LR2.2 and it seems to do everything I need as does my old Elements version too.

Yep, I'm not eager to trade something I own for something I rent...

lol..... I'm still on LR2.2 and it seems to do everything I need as does my old Elements version too.

I don't know how you do it. Isn't photography all about shiny new stuff? :doh:

I have CC for the software other than Photoshop. I still have CS5.1 on my laptopn but both my desktop and laptop have some of the other CC software on them, the desktop has CS6.1 on it.

Back