• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heading out tomorrow.

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
In 1992 I went on a ride, "Until I get tired." I was knocking on our front door to get my wife to let me in 31 days later. I'm going to try again. This time I have 3 to 5 months planned. Soozie has been my hero for years and I know I can't be more epic than she, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Here's her story. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/soozys-50-first-dates-tour-the-ride-report.40810/ Mine to follow.
What I'm taking, not counting what I will be wearing while I ride:
2 person tent with ground cloth
0 degree sleeping bag (I got cold last year in a 20 degree bag)
air pad
3 tee shirts, undies and socks and 1 swim suit/hiking shorts/what to wear while I wash clothes
Hoodie
backpack
camera and extra lens
tool kit
food, stove, 2 water bottles, pan and utensils
jump starter/phone charger/computer charger
computer
8 real Butler state maps and a GPS
spare gloves (mittens for warmth), glasses, tube
tool kit
electric vest
toiletries
various charging cords

Total weight including hard bags and tail bags: #67 That's just over half of my wife's weight and we've ridden many miles together on the same bike, so I should be good.
See you in 5 months. I hope it's 5 months

Living the dream! Enjoy the ride.

That's awesome, I hope to do something similar one day.
Good luck!

Don't forget to post up every now and then for us working stiffs!

My wife does encourage me to go but a month is about the max. We did get married because we liked to spend time with each other.
The original plan was for her to join me for two weeks in Glacier and Canada, one week in Oregon and two weeks in Big Sur California. With Covid, she doesn't want to fly, especially for three round trips. Her boss was being especially generous since she has already used two of her three weeks of vacation. We recently went to Hawaii.

You certainly have the experience. Do you take a rain suit, if so what brand?
I use a frog togg. I started using them about 15 years ago for backpacking because they are so light. It rained several times on my trip last year and I stayed dry.

Man, you packed light!
Good luck and safe travels!
Most of my gear is for backpacking. My stove weighs less than 2 ounces. Half dome plus tent 5lb 5 oz with the bag which I am leaving at home. O degree sleeping bag 3lb 3oz. My water bottles were full when I weighed the outfit, but my fuel bottle was not. I'm going to use gas from the bike for camp fuel.

Back