• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heading out tomorrow.

We're a little more secure in our relationship than most couples. By the way, if you're ever in the vicinity of the San Juan Islands in Washington, skip them. A Walk in tent site was $134 for 2 nights with a $3 outside shower, and I may have taken five pictures.
That’s brutal. I just hit highway 242. Very twisty and scenic narrow black top rd between Eugene OR and Sisters Oregon of of highway 126. It’s also one of this donagain roads for me if I’m back in the area

IMG_20200825_190346590.jpg

Mt. Ranier from my motel parking lot. Headed there tomorrow.

Watched this thing that said that Mount Rainier is full of ice glaciers, And that mount Saint helens is slowly filling with ice and doing the same thing

We have family that owns a San Juan island that you can only fly into. We still have not been there :-)

We have family that owns a San Juan island that you can only fly into. We still have not been there :-)
There was lots of small aircraft traffic and even more small boat traffic. By small boat, I mean 18 to 35 feet.

Thanks for sharing. I got close to Rainier once, but weather was terrible and really couldn't even see the whole thing. I was there for work so my free time was limited. I hope that one day i'll make it back that way to explore a bit more.

I took a day off to change tires, oil and filter, and to replace a defective USB charging plug. The TKC70s were a delight to ride on the pavement, but I decided to go with a little more aggressive dirt tire. The local Cycle Gear store is open 7days a week, but will not change tires on the bike. Other stores were closed until Tuesday. If I have to remove the wheels, I might as well change the tires. The new TKC80s balanced just by removing some of the old weights. The motel owner allowed me to do all the work in his parking lot. Today is another "off" day. I needed to buy a lens cover, replenish my food and toiletries supply, get a spare key made and just rest.

I have done it but I will let human race tell you.
Love the ride report and you have lots of energy. Beautiful and wonder filled adventure you are on.

Continental just came out with a slightly more aggressive TKC70 called the TKC70 Rocks which don't have the center spline.

For the rest of the TWT members, Randypower witnessed the first loss.

Continental just came out with a slightly more aggressive TKC70 called the TKC70 Rocks which don't have the center spline.
I know, but try ordering tires long distance and have them arrive where you think you'll be when you need them. I went with the one Cycle Gear had in stock and ordered a match.

how do you balance them in the parking lot?
You can use your axle if you're grease is not too sticky. I lubed my axle with WD-40. There's still some issue with friction, but I just over compensate about a quarter ounce from the last unbalanced point. I've done it many times when I first started road racing, before tire venders went to the tracks. Never a problem.

You can use your axle if you're grease is not too sticky. I lubed my axle with WD-40. There's still some issue with friction, but I just over compensate about a quarter ounce from the last unbalanced point. I've done it many times when I first started road racing, before tire venders went to the tracks. Never a problem.
Iv been using the ceramic balancing beads off amazon for about five years now on my tubless tires.

Ok I know the first one rolled over the edge from the top of Shafer Trail. Where is the second one?
I tried to take an early morning picture and my lens fogged up. I left my tank bag slightly unzipped to allow the moisture to evaporate and the lens cap was missing at my next stop. I imagine it is still rolling down the road from Mt. Baker.:giveup:

Back