• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heading to Big Bend March 19-22

Reaction score
Heading out to Big Bend solo next week. Will be riding a KTM 690 Enduro and just doing the normal dual sport roads. If anyone is gonna be down there and wouldn't mind another rider or wants to meet up and ride let me know. Seems safer not to ride everywhere alone. Also, if anyone has any good places to camp and set up a base Id be interested in that info. I know of all the main campgrounds, but would prefer to not be crowded so the less primitive sites are preferred.

Call or text- Ben- 903-570-2398

Hi Ben. I can't go this time, but highly recommend Rancho Topanga to camp. It's a couple miles west of town. Inexpensive, water only campsites but great restrooms and showers with electricity.

Just remember it is still spring break so it will be crowded everywhere

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Watch out for dual sport roads ridden alone. The last time I rode the river road, over 50 miles of dirt, I didn't see a single other person. if you break down, crash or get injured, you might be there for several days.

Ya I have a SPOT X in case something happens when Im out alone, so ill have options. Still know its better with a riding partner though.

Back