• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headlight install on KTM 2stroke.

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
So these days I ride a 2014 KTM 300 XC, which did not come with a headlight. There have been a few rides that I stressed about getting back to the trail head before dark, and decided I needed a headlight. Looking around I found the Acerbis VSL LED headlight. Price point was great, and it got great reviews, the problem was it was a direct replacement for the newer TPI 2strokes. They aren’t officially supposed to work on the older carbureted 2strokes. After some Internet researching, I decided that it would most likely work, if you have the right equipment. I threw together A video of the install, tell me what you guys think. I really love the headlight, it looks cool and it is stupid bright.

f4c8c415f179ed6b5d0cff2611ff09b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
I have the stuff sitting on the workbench to install, but had been pretty lazy about it. On a recent ride we rode through a long tunnel, and I decided I needed to install the headlight sooner than later LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk