• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headlight install on KTM 2stroke.

poser

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
So these days I ride a 2014 KTM 300 XC, which did not come with a headlight. There have been a few rides that I stressed about getting back to the trail head before dark, and decided I needed a headlight. Looking around I found the Acerbis VSL LED headlight. Price point was great, and it got great reviews, the problem was it was a direct replacement for the newer TPI 2strokes. They aren’t officially supposed to work on the older carbureted 2strokes. After some Internet researching, I decided that it would most likely work, if you have the right equipment. I threw together A video of the install, tell me what you guys think. I really love the headlight, it looks cool and it is stupid bright.

f4c8c415f179ed6b5d0cff2611ff09b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the stuff sitting on the workbench to install, but had been pretty lazy about it. On a recent ride we rode through a long tunnel, and I decided I needed to install the headlight sooner than later LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did u install that LED headlight on your 300xc?

Did your system put out enough DC watts to juice those LEDs?

Yes i installed the LED light on my 300xc. The system does not put out amount DC power for the light. I’m running the light off the AC side with a rectifier.
Watch the video in the first post to see what all it took.

did u install that LED headlight on your 300xc?

Did your system put out enough DC watts to juice those LEDs?
Yes i installed the LED light on my 300xc. The system does not put out amount DC power for the light. I’m running the light off the AC side with a rectifier.
Watch the video in the first post to see what all it took.

Jason, nice work on the video, a bud of mine has been after me to do this for a while as he loves riding the trails at night may indeed put it on
the list of to do things

Jason, nice work on the video, a bud of mine has been after me to do this for a while as he loves riding the trails at night may indeed put it on
the list of to do things
I haven’t done any night riding yet, other than one quick ride to test the headlight.
I just didn’t want to be stressed about getting back to the truck before dark LOL
If/when i do any night rides, I’d like to sublime the with a helmet light.

Jason, you get back to Texas come on out to Zars with us for the day be good to ride with you again, we can come up with a bike for you for the day if
you cant bring yours

Jason, you get back to Texas come on out to Zars with us for the day be good to ride with you again, we can come up with a bike for you for the day if
you cant bring yours
I’d love that!
Hopefully some day I’ll get back down there to ride with y’all

Back