• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Head's Up on a Great Little Cafe

Reaction score
Hey guys

Found a GREAT home cooking place called Sissy's Saddle Shop Cafe' outside of Cameron, Texas. It's just out of town on a farm, and used to be the owner's father's saddle shop.

She makes home-cooked food - just like mom's :eat:. Day I was there the special was 2 huge pieces of home-made meatloaf, fresh green bean casserole, hand mashed new potatoes, squash, homemade bread, huge glass of tea and choice of three desserts for about $9. Finishing it all took years off my life but it was worth it :lol2:

Burgers and sandwiches also, as well as family style meals on Sundays.

Probably a worthy Pie Run place and she said she'd love to host one.

Check it out if you're in the area for sure - back roads around Cameron are pretty nice.

IMG_0926-L.jpg

IMG_0921-L.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are there a couple of old churches close by?

Jeff I'm not sure but I may have seen one or two on the way out from her place... have you been there before?

The back roads around there have some pretty nice rolling terrain and vistas but the main roads aren't anything special. In the general area between there and Bryan/College Station I've come across a lot of the old small abandoned towns and old farmhouses, etc.

Haven't been that way before. The map I looked at has some good details and showed the icon for a church. Also book marked and will have to go that way for lunch. About 130 or miles from Casa del Jeff.

Last edited:
When I saw the name Cameron, my eyes lit up. (Not to be confused with Cameron, Louisiana. ) I know I've been through that place before and then saw the map with US 190 going though there. How about some co ords for the cafe location. I use US 190 once in awhile just for a different route going though Texas. Love spending the nights about in the Brownwood area. Always looking for Mom and Pop Cafe's and Motels.

What are you doin' so far east?
Trying to replace the 650 in the next 2 weeks, so I'll be ready to go there by spring.
Stop by on your way.
Tom

When I saw the name Cameron, my eyes lit up. (Not to be confused with Cameron, Louisiana. ) I know I've been through that place before and then saw the map with US 190 going though there. How about some co ords for the cafe location. I use US 190 once in awhile just for a different route going though Texas. Love spending the nights about in the Brownwood area. Always looking for Mom and Pop Cafe's and Motels.

Hey man! I updated the maps showing the location exactly as well as her place from outer space

Intersection of CR 227 and CR 229... the way I found it was by asking the locals - you know "well, you head out that street where the school is until you pass a stop sign. You keep straight until another stop sign and then when the road bends a little keep on it til you come to another road. Just keep left and you'll pass the Hansen's place but don't turn there. Go a little further and you'll find it but don't turn right. Wait, 'Marge! Marge! Does he turn right or left??? Left? OK just stay left..." :lol2:

TexTomas - I had to do some work in their courthouse and of course had to ask where the best food was :lol:
Sooo glad you're healing up and looking forward to hooking up again to ride. Gonna replace the GS with the same?

Yes, gonna replace with same thing, same year, same color. Hopefully in 10 days or so. Can't ride yet so it'll sit in the garage as inspiration. Wanna be riding again by the time the weather gets good.
Tom
Hey, come into town on a Thursday and do lunch with us at Billy's.

It's the one you don't turn at.

:lol2::lol2:

Hey Hemi Cameron is the county seat of Milam County so if you ride there you can photograph the courthouse and color in another county.

Tom, sounds great. I'm on a project during the week for a while but when I get a free Thursday will connect. Anxious to see and hear when you get the new rig :trust:

Okay, with your update more detailed maps, I got the co ords for just off the corner. For those that want to plug and play. N 30 51.4 W 96 55.09 should put you near to the door step. Thanks, I'll enter it in my GPS as a POI for when I go through the area. ;-)

:lol2::lol2:

Hey Hemi Cameron is the county seat of Milam County so if you ride there you can photograph the courthouse and color in another county.

I keep trying to get up there but each time I've started to head that way something has come up to keep me from making the ride. Maybe next time the stars will align so I can make it for the photo and lunch.

Perfect, 70 miles from home and very close to one of my favorite indoor shooting ranges....Double WIN:-D Thanks you for the story, and others for adding to it.. You have given me a new destination for the wife and I to ride to...

Funny... I put the diner location in my mapping program, and hit Get directions... FROM: Current location.. thinking it was a saved location from previous use.........

:-D

But when the program said,, 7,775 miles.. and had a caution flag that I would need my passport to cross the boarder.... I knew something was wrong :giveup:

I consider it a good day ride for me in the future. When I programmed it into my Zumo I was told it was about 240 somewhat miles from Jennings. But , I'm not sure what roads da Zumo was talking about. ;-) May be a two dayer the ways I like to go. ;-) I'm usually a good day from Brownwood to Jennings.

I visited Sissy's this past Saturday for the all-you-can-eat country breakfast and it was great! TWTers need to visit and bring an infantryman's appetite. I also showed Sissy and her family this thread and they really appreciate the pictures and write-up by Tin Star. Sissy serves breakfast on these huge plates and you chose what you want. When you're finished, you reorder and its made hot for you. On 21 Jan, she said she is adding 1 lb ribeyes to the menu. This a nice Texas cafe at the junction of two country roads. There is a beautiful Baptist church that is nearby also.

Back