• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heat keeping everyone inside?

Dang spell checker, meant to say 'and' instead of 'asks'.

Meeting some goober(s) for lunch today 15 minutes from home. Contemplated driving so I'd have A.C.. I'll ride though. Might even leave early so it'll turn into a longer trip. No main roads.

Met Not Dave and Boulder Ed for lunch at Ed's Place Taylor

TX. Was home by 1;30 this if what our thermometer that senses east side shade showed today. Hottest I have seen this year. Hope Dave took the heat ok both Ed and I are nearly twice his age. Forgot pictures possibly old timers :)

Coming back from Waxahachie, the a/c went out in the tractor just past Madisonville and right before the lane closure on I-45. The thermometer in the truck said 105, but there was a breeze blowing that was a little bit cool. Running with the windows down, it wasn’t bad until the Woodlands and then the cool part left. Even though I had drunk over a gallon of water today, I didn’t have any sweat left by the time I got to the yard in Pasadena.

Coming back from Waxahachie, the a/c went out in the tractor just past Madisonville and right before the lane closure on I-45. The thermometer in the truck said 105, but there was a breeze blowing that was a little bit cool. Running with the windows down, it wasn’t bad until the Woodlands and then the cool part left. Even though I had drunk over a gallon of water today, I didn’t have any sweat left by the time I got to the yard in Pasadena.
I use this twice daily when working in hot weather. I can tell it makes a difference. Add to a bottle of water. It is inexpensive too at HEB

Attachments

• Propel.jpg
    Propel.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 145
Met Not Dave and Boulder Ed for lunch at Ed's Place Taylor View attachment 241235

TX. Was home by 1;30 this if what our thermometer that senses east side shade showed today. Hottest I have seen this year. Hope Dave took the heat ok both Ed and I are nearly twice his age. Forgot pictures possibly old timers :)
Sir, I will be turning 50 in November. You are nowhere near twice my age. But I made it back just fine, kept moving and with very little wind protection had plenty of air movement. Took me about 25 minutes to get back, again not taking the most direct route home. Enjoyed lunch with you fellers today.

You are a young looking for half a century, and I like your DR650. Enjoyed lunch to0 and thanks for caring and listening to the gentleman building an electric car for his autistic son. I think we put a smile on his face.

Yesterday morning it was 49F at our cabin in San Juan County, CO. Hellish heat here in Sugar Land. Given that: I ride early in the day, leaving by 8 AM and done by ten or so... fall will come, sometime mid-October.

It is 114 in Phoenix right now. I was working on my toyota truck and the tools got almost too hot to touch in the 15 minutes I was working But, hey, its a dry heat so I can't complain.

One thing that surprises me out here is the air is so dry, has such low density, that riding in direct suunlight my silver levers will never actually get cool enough to use without gloves. Even after continuous highway riding they still burn my fingers at stop lights. Plus side is throwout bearings last forever out here. And no rust.

we had an absolutely awesome thunderstorm about 5pm, but GAWD what it did to the humidity!!!

I was around the Dominion area most of the afternoon and it looked like it was going to rain, but it never did. Had dinner at Blanco BBQ and by then it had cooled down to about 93. It felt so mild!

I was around the Dominion area most of the afternoon and it looked like it was going to rain, but it never did. Had dinner at Blanco BBQ and by then it had cooled down to about 93. It felt so mild!
We had a few hours of rain late last night, road was alittle wet when I got home too

I saw lighting to the far south last evening. Thought I even smelled it. Anyone ever smell rain coming? I love the smell of the air after a large lightning event. Ozone ? I was told and believe that when you see a flash of lightning, every second till you hear the thunder is a mile to the storm. My pup is scared spitless of thunder. I got hit by lightning in 1994 working on a cooling tower that had lighting rods on each corner.. Good to still be here. It started me thinking... Anyone else been hit on TWT

Heat is a contributing factor to me not riding, although I do ride to work everyday. But there in lies the problem, WORK. After being retired for 4 years I've pretty much gone full-time again, and it's mainly outside. So when I'm off, taking the dirt bike out in this heat isn't near as attractive as it since was.

Well it's 95 outside and the BlackBird needed new brake pads......it's takes all of 20 minutes or less to do the 1800 Goldwing and I barely even broke a sweat. Easiest brake pads to change ever. Now I feel better about riding into Dallas tomorrow early.

Back