• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heather's FreeRide Build

Got the bike inspected late last week and tore into the clutch on Friday night.

After laying the bike over I realized that the nice Polisport cover came with 3 after-market clutch cover bolts that would now be obsolete, but where did I put the original 3? I never discard this sort of thing, so they had to be somewhere. After 15 minutes I found them on a shelf in their own baggie. Go figure.

IMG_6873-X2.jpg

There are several youtube videos about installing a Rekluse and the provided paper directions are pretty thorough. Having not done this before I dove in anyway.

Lay the bike over to keep the engine oil in the engine and remove the clutch cover. As the videos state, carefully remove the springs and clutch pack.

IMG_6875-X2.jpg

The difficult part is removing the 27mm nut holding the clutch hub on to the shaft.

Bend the tabs on the keeper washer out of the way and stomp on the rear brake and use an impact or breaker bar to remove the 27mm nut. Don't use the resistance of the transmission to hold the clutch basket in place. Those little gears might not be a match for your impact. Use the brake.

IMG_6877-X2.jpg

Once you're to this point you are staring at the clutch hub on the shaft. Yours might slide right off as the directions state. Mine did not. Fortunately I had this nice puller and as soon as I gave the least bit of tug the hub began to slide off. Sometimes the oil creates a suction effect that makes it difficult to remove by hand.

Hub ready to come off...

IMG_6879-X2.jpg

But it needed some help...

IMG_6880-X2.jpg

Once that hub is out you're ready to start the re-assembly process with all the cool Rekluse goodies. Follow the directions to a T and you'll be buttoned up in no-time!

IMG_6883-X2.jpg

I adjusted the free-play and it worked like a charm. Wife is gonna love this! I felt a little bad on the 1st few rides when I had a Rekluse and she didn't. Felt like I was hoarding the cheat-code!!

IMG_6887-X2.jpg
That bike is so sweet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back