• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

hello again!

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to reintroduce myself, I've been a member over 10 years and don't think I've made one post! my name is travis, I've been riding street since I was 13, huge classic motorcycle nut. I currently live south of Austin and just got a great deal on a KTM 690r so I will be looking to get out, and do some dual sport adv rides soon! looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 189
Howdy. You will make lots of friends with that ktm

Did you even get to ride it much before the misery began?

Welcome! Get it fixed fast-we got some good rides coming up.

Did you even get to ride it much before the misery began?

Welcome! Get it fixed fast-we got some good rides coming up.

yes I rode it 4 miles lol first ride I looked it over and sure enough theres oil leaking out from behind the sprocket. This is my first KTM and I hope this isn't the begining of a long list of problems. the fact that its brand new and this is happening is a little detering but well see

yes I rode it 4 miles lol first ride I looked it over and sure enough theres oil leaking out from behind the sprocket. This is my first KTM and I hope this isn't the begining of a long list of problems. the fact that its brand new and this is happening is a little detering but well see

If the bike is brand new, that is unusual. The dealer should fix it. It is a quick and easy fix. The seal on my 530 EXC went bad at around 7500 miles, but that bike gets used pretty hard. I was in the middle of a trip and was able to swing through Flagstaff, Az. The dealer there had me in/out in under an hour and for less than $100! It's never leaked since.

If the bike is brand new, that is unusual. The dealer should fix it. It is a quick and easy fix. The seal on my 530 EXC went bad at around 7500 miles, but that bike gets used pretty hard. I was in the middle of a trip and was able to swing through Flagstaff, Az. The dealer there had me in/out in under an hour and for less than $100! It's never leaked since.

Thats good to hear, yes it is brand new I will be calling tj's tomorrow and it should be covered under itms warranty. I would do it myself but its a new bike so ill let Ktm pay for it :rider:

Back