• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Katy

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Hello from Katy. I have been lurking here a little while and decided to go ahead and dive in.

I have been riding on two wheels for 20 years offroad (motocross, enduro, etc...) but finally got on the street about a year ago. I sold my car and am living cage free at the moment...yes is was cold this moring :eek2:

I hope to make some bike nights soon.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Be sure to look in the TWT Sponsored Events forum. This weekend is the International Pie Run. There is a meet spot in Sealy if you are not up for a long ride. The main meet location is in Hutto.

welcome!
there's a bunch of us in the Katy area

you should come by Katy Bike Night at the empanada house on Mason road

Please come by this week to help convince Poser that he needs a dirt bike.

I'm convinced the two that need convincing are the wife and the budget :lol2:

Whoh...I am back and found this post that I posted in 2008 when I was riding a V-Star cruiser. I had completely forgotten I was on this site until I found it again and signed back up. I rode the VStar for a couple of years and sold it for an HD Sportster of which I rode for a couple of more years. I switched to dual sports and didn't look back.

...so I am from Katy and....lol

Thanks for re-welcome.

Originally, I am from the Canyon Lake / New Braunfels area and it offers some great riding opportunities through the hill country. I have put together three ~100 mile rides in .gpx format through the hill country that follow rivers, creeks, Lukenbach, Blanco, Dripping Springs, Wimberly, etc... They all start at my folks place in the hill country so could be day rides from a central location and the goal would be oriented more towards adventure bikes or dual sports.

Anyway, I plan on riding them in the next few months, taking notes, looking for water crossings, breweries, burger joints, parks, etc... and finalize the routes. Once I feel comfortable, I will see if we can put together a weekend group ride or something this fall when it isn't so bloody hot.

Whoh...I am back and found this post that I posted in 2008 when I was riding a V-Star cruiser. I had completely forgotten I was on this site until I found it again and signed back up. I rode the VStar for a couple of years and sold it for an HD Sportster of which I rode for a couple of more years. I switched to dual sports and didn't look back.

...so I am from Katy and....lol
What kind of bike are you dual sporting

Back