• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Kerr County Texas

Vec

Reaction score
Hello!
New guy here, Navy Vet that has ridden since the early 70's

currently on a '10 Dyna Wideglide, but looking for another dual sport style bike to add to the stable.

i've been looking at the Honda Africa Twin (Big Honda XR fan) and the BMW R1200GS, something along those lines and I thought i'd poke around and read up on these bikes.

I will get a used one so if any years of these I should stay away from please post up

Thanks for having me.

Have to admit, Kerrville is a nice town

Stick around here a while and something will probably pop up for sale on this site.

Someone was talking about selling their a.t.(I think) because they just weren't into riding any more. Anybody, anybody...

:welcome:

Vec,
I will be riding over to Liberty Hill on Sunday for the RTE. Let me know if you would like to ride along. Welcome to the hill country.

Vec,
I will be riding over to Liberty Hill on Sunday for the RTE. Let me know if you would like to ride along. Welcome to the hill country.

I work every sunday... :doh: (got a job in retail since i retired...plus to that is ride 32 miles one way every day to work !)

but i Appreciate the offer ! :rider:

I work every sunday... :doh: (got a job in retail since i retired...plus to that is ride 32 miles one way every day to work !)

but i Appreciate the offer ! :rider:

No problem. Since retiring, I work at not having to work.:trust:
Usually available during the week for a ride.

dual sport search is over, stumbled onto a pretty nice 2000 DR650 today from a Friend in Bandera and brought it home.

e749df2c7f72e66ded7e2309e3c2f162.jpg

Heres the DR650

think im gonna have to remove and grease the starter bushing... it sounds like a chicken squawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back