• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Seattle

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hemphill
Hello everyone,

I just bought a new to me 2016 BMW R1200R! It only has 9K miles on it, so I’m looking forward to many years of riding this beauty.

I’m new to motorcycles and would like to do my own maintenance. If you have any advice/recommendations on needed tools or products to use to keep this bike running well, feel free to pass the info along.

I’m looking forward to what I’ll learn from you all!

BTW, I know I’m not a Texan, but I was born and raised in Kansas City and have BBQ flowing through my veins. Maybe we can rally around bikes and BBQ? :D

a09e8b130600b88cc5b7df90c5c87d2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to TWT. Barbecue spoken fluently here. I worked in KC quite a bit when I worked for a telecom who shall not be mentioned. I did enjoy the Overland Park jogging trails a lot. You'll find that there are members here from most states and several other countries.

BTW, I know I’m not a Texan, but I was born and raised in Kansas City and have BBQ flowing through my veins. Maybe we can rally around bikes and BBQ? :D

You won over most of the folks here with that line. Well played, sir.
I'm originally from Iowa, (32 years here, naturalized Texan) and know how to start a fight in KC.
Gates or Bryant's, or neither? :lol2: (those were the meccas back in the day)
Hope you get some dry weather up there to ride in.
I'd take the ferry across the sound and ride out near Sequim and the like.

Howdy, all welcome here. Plus, we have a few resident Beemer mechanics on site. I’ve got an ‘11 GSA and I bug them a bunch.
:welcome:

Welcome to the site.

I worked in Seattle for a couple of years. Get some good rain gear..

Welcome Ryan! Looking forward to hearing your ride and farkle reports here!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back