• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from the Bayou City (no, not New Orleans)

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Morin
Maxi-scooter rider here. Presently on my 3rd Burgman 650, a 2007 burgundy Burgman 650 Executive that I have ridden pretty extensively.
I look forward to sharing experiences & learning from my fellow Texan riders which we all know are the best.
Attached is a pic of Cranberry in Silverton last fall.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Is that a car tire I spy on the back of that scooter? I thought only the Goldwing and side car crowd did that. How does it handle? I would assume you get great mileage from it.

Sharp eyes. Yes, I darksided about 12k miles ago. I have a Bridgestone Potenza 165/65 RE92 78S BW as a rear tire.

I love it. I am pretty aggressive (but not crazy) on the curves and having ridden some pretty good curvy roads such as the 3 Twisted Sisters, Big Bend, River Rd. to Presidio all over Colorado & a bit of New Mexico, I can say that I can't tell any real difference from a m/c tire. It is right for me.

Welcome along, I don't think I've ever seen a burgman with bags before, do you have any more shots?
Has it affected high speed stability at all? Can you even tell the difference on it?
I haven't seen one go darkside either, cool!

Welcome along, I don't think I've ever seen a burgman with bags before, do you have any more shots?
Has it affected high speed stability at all? Can you even tell the difference on it?
I haven't seen one go darkside either, cool!

Thanks for the welcome.
They are Kappa side cases which are made by Givi. They are on Kiwi Dave side case racks which are no longer available.
Other than the German Fehling, this was the only side case mount available for 03-12 models.
They don't effect my high speed stability at all that I can tell.
They are amazingly handy.
Here's another pic:

Back