• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello, It's Me

Obdewla_X

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Newbie here and glad to be aboard.

My bikes:

IMG_6851_Bike_Wash.jpg

2007 BMW K12S & 2003 Moto Guzzi LeMans V11

IMG_1975_zpse9442a8e.jpg

2010 KTM 530EXC

P1000620.jpg

1974 Moto Guzzi California (Civilian Police Edition) - Undergoing a painfully slow restoration :)

The KTM is the latest addition to the stable and I'm looking forward to getting dirty.

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome to the club. Very nice collection of rides. Make sure that you sign up for one of the upcoming ride to eat gatherings. KP

Hello and welcome...what city are you from?...if your close to Brenham invite yourself out to ride with us...we have a huge turnout every weekend...quite possibly the biggest group rides on the board..we've had turnouts as big as 5 people which qualify as huge...sarcasm is my specialty if you didnt notice...come see us we have some great riding here...

Welcome to the site! :wave:

IMG_1975_zpse9442a8e.jpg

2010 KTM 530EXC

The KTM is the latest addition to the stable and I'm looking forward to getting dirty.

:tab I have the same bike. Got mine in the fall of 2011 and have had some seriously fun times on it! I just don't get to ride it as often as I like. It is a fantastic bike. Mine is set up more for dualsport riding than trail riding. My last two adventures on it were week long rides where we camped off the bikes.

:tab Right after buying it, I went out to Big Bend Ranch & State Park. The riding there is excellent!

IMG_6746.jpg

Here it is with the Giant Loop Mojave bags and the Wolfman Expedition tank bag. The tank is a Clockwork Orange 3.5 gallon. It gave me around a 150 mile range, which sounds like a lot, but in places like BBRSP, it isn't...

IMG_6854.jpg

:tab The next big adventure was in North Carolina. The riding is not as technical in terms of rough conditions, but it is certainly technical in terms of tight and twisty conditions (paved and dirt)!!

IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

:tab Next stop was Cloudcroft, New Mexico. This place has a great variety of riding from nice pavement to hard core single track, and we did it all...

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

:tab I wasn't camping off the bike on any of those rides. We just did day rides and the Mojave bag and tank bag worked well for carrying tubes, tools, etc,... However, in the fall of 2013, I did a trip up to Montana where we were living off the bikes for seven days of riding. That meant I had to get serious about both the luggage and extending the range of the bike. I wound up installing the KTM (Acerbis) 6.6 gallon tank, which gives me a range of around 300 miles or more.

Kreiga 30L Overlander bags, Wolfman Expedition medium dry bag and tank bag.
IMG_8698.jpg

One of the more interesting roads (a flat section where I could stop) that we rode with full tanks of gas.
IMG_8820.jpg

:tab With stock suspension, the bike did quite well even on the really rough stuff. I did bottom out a few times on that road pictured above because some of the rocks were just huge. It was a workout, but I think that was more altitude related. We had to stop for a good breather about half way through. Also, my stock kickstand finally gave out and the foot broke off the bottom. I have since replaced the entire kickstand with a MUCH nicer and beefier aftermarket stand.

Here's my camp set up. Three man tent, chair, cot, sleeping bag, camp clothes and a small jet boil stove with some food. I also have some layer clothing for keeping warm in the riding gear.
IMG_8855.jpg

I think I was pretty much at the limit of what the bike can handle in terms of weight on the back end. I have since replaced the cot with an air mattress. The chair is a MUST have. I could go smaller on the tent, but I like a lot of space inside. The weight and size of the gas tank is a non issue. I really don't even notice it.

:tab I did a similar trip as the Montana trip this past April, but to Arizona instead. I've not had a chance to do the ride report for that one. We rode for seven days and camped. We did do a few unplanned nights in hotels though. A lot of the riding on that trip was VERY rough and technical. We did one day where we left our camp set up and rode a nice hard loop without all the weight on the bikes. It DOES make a difference! But even so, the bikes handled the really rough stuff fully loaded.

Welcom to the club, and some nice bikes there. I also have the K1200S and a KTM of the 690 variety. Much fun

Where are you, Texas is pretty big

Back