• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello, Northern Dallas Area!

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Hi! Just moved from Utah to Richardson, looking for riding buddies and trails if possible. I have a DR650 with knobbies on it, though I think I may be going in a more supermoto direction soon with it. Hope to meet some good folks soon!

Welcome. The dirt riders (and there are lots of them) should show up soon, with their personal greetings. Check the TWT calendar for upcoming events. This Saturday there's a pie run to Hico. Typically, a lot of riders show up for that, so it's a good opportunity to meet some folks from North Texas, and more than a few who'll come all the way from the Houston area.

I'm planning to meet a buddy in Torrey next year, for a week's riding.

Howdy.

Utah to Richardson seems like a big step down for dirt riding.

I hear the Red River trails north of you are pretty nice for this area.

Thomas, look for postings from the north DFW TARA group. Should be some showing up around the first of the month.

Yeah, Red River Motorcycle Trails are primo, but cost $25/day. Welcome to all-privately-owned Texas.

Some dual sport rides pop up now and then. Great way to network and find riding buddies.

Welcome to Texas. Less than 1% of Texas is public land and that is mostly state parks so there is almost no off road riding. Lots of dirt and gravel roads but hills are lacking in the north TX area. Red river as people have mentioned is the only easily accessible place.
Oklahoma and Arkansas have places to ride and are only a few hours away.

Howdy.

Utah to Richardson seems like a big step down for dirt riding.

I hear the Red River trails north of you are pretty nice for this area.

lol yeah, it is. I'll check out Red River when I am able.

Welcome from stockdale

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Born and raised in Richardson, but now in San Antonio. Welcome to Texas and TWT!
(finding dirt around the north Dallas area will be a wee bit more difficult than Utah, but where there is a will, there is a way)

Hi and welcome to the site. I have a group of friends mainly ADV riders that go to Red River quite often to ride. I haven't been as yet to dirty my GSA :doh:am more of a street rider but maybe one day just one day I might go over to the dark side :trust:

If you haven't seen it there is a dual sport ride organised from Paris, Texas in April. Its usually a fun weekend if you can make it..

Gary

If you haven't seen it there is a dual sport ride organised from Paris, Texas in April. Its usually a fun weekend if you can make it..

Gary

can't seem to find the thread. where do I look? might be able to.

can't seem to find the thread. where do I look? might be able to.
22890682-BA70-4771-8767-3952A7AC6714.jpeg

I’m assuming he is talking about this one

Back