• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HELP, ideas and how to take the pic I want

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
So Im wanting a picture of one of the trophies I made to be used in a logo design and business card.

And while I can take a picture and consider it photographic evidence of something, artistic and prior background, lighting, ect is beyond my grasp. I get lucky sometimes and they come out good, but it is not for any training or real experience.

My equipment is limited, Minolta E500 40-150mm lens and 14-45mm lens, it's that or an Iphone 5 , point and shoot Samsung ST150f 4.5-22.5mm

Id like to try it with two backgrounds..... a plan color white/cream and with my shop ..bike on a lift, tool boxes, machines in the background, perhaps slightly out of focus.

So there are the ideas, not the question is HOW?

Do I just try whatever seems right and then ask for suggestions?
Or can ya all help point me in a starting point.....

Post up the item you want to be the focal point and a "BTS" or Behind The Scenes of the area you have to work with.... I'm guessing we can get some good ideas flowing for you or if you're not pressed for time maybe make a run up there and play with some concepts!

And I see no idea why you can't do this with what you have.... Lighting there's tons of little 'tricks' to get it right.

Thanks

I will try that...
1d455789ae51e3264c4656ff68802e3f.jpg

That is a quick pic I have on my phone to give you an idea of
What I'm working with.

The background is my garage

I'll move some stuff around next day or so and get better pics of the trophy and the background

Thank you

Erik

I'm thinking possibly on a workbench, shallowish DOF to focus the viewers eye on the trophy then fading off into tools on the wall behind it.

Erik-
Did you ever get the shot you were after? How did it turn out?

Erik-
Did you ever get the shot you were after? How did it turn out?

The garage has been running full speed for months now...Im either in there working or teaching class... No time lately to clear out the garage and set up the shot.......I considered a different background....but really want the garage, lifts, machines, tool boxes , ect as the backdrop..so ...lets see, finish the cedar siding on the house and chimney, build two DRZ motors, est and quote adventure bike build on a DR650 that was dropped off last week, finish the Tiger 1050 service and upgrade, write the two product reviews I have been using for the past month and owe the write up for, quote the three bike adventure / trail bike . DS bike build a new customer called about today, teach class in Hutto this weekend oh and leave for a cruise for a few weeks

Well there is always midnight though 0400 :giveup:

.....maybe I should come up when you have a bit of free time and shoot it for you? :photo: :deal:

Back