• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help me select a “new” bike for the garage

Hard to argue against a SV650 or MT-07 if you dig the appearance and ergos work. My legs happen to be too long to be comfortable on either of them.

Maybe throw a wrench in there, if you are looking for a more upright and laid back ride with more style, a Ducati Scrambler could get the job done. 18" front wheel might make tire choice for really sporty riding kind of tricky. For my longer than average arms and legs, the ergos sure feel better to me. It's basically a Monster 803 with different styling and ergos. Once I find room in the budget and garage, and the exact right one happens to pop up for sale, I'm likely to wind up with one myself.

Of course, if a Bonneville 865 is too much displacement, maybe a Royal enfield 650 twin would work too, if you want something a lot more stylish.

Are you on AdvRider? I spend a bunch of time in the HACK section as I am seriously contemplating a Ural, mainly because I want reverse and maybe 2WD. It's a big risk as I've never ridden one or even been a passenger. But if I'm going to buy one, I need to get one I'll be happy with and camping with or without the dog is a goal.
I live in Waller, near Houston, and would be happy to let you have a go at my rig. Sidecars are WAY different and do not suit everyone’s taste.

Back