• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help part 2

Reaction score
Okay guys so does any one know any about jets and what kind I should get???
I have a 2007 honda VTX 1300 with Vance and hines pipes with a k&n filter previous owner did not re jet the carb so I am gonna have to do that. And also who is selling a used jack because I need to do some lovely maintenance that requires a jack? Also does anyone put on pair vavles? Lastly, there is a squeal coming from the engine, now its a squealing and rattle. When I use the throttle the squealing become louder not extremely but it's everytime I idle and using the throttle but now it's added a rattle

Last edited:
Maybe someone near you could listen to your rattle and squeal, to help identify where its coming from. You are mixing a lot of things into one email, all of which could use a bit more description for us garage mechanics. Not sure what you need a jack to accomplish. You may not need to re jet, what are the symptoms? It looks to be a single 38mm cv carb so should not be hard to do if really required. I'd fix the squeal and rattle before something bad goes south on you. I'd look on forums for your bike to see if you can get a hint. Sorry I'm not much help, but lots of bikes can have cam chain rattling issues when warming up especially. Don't know the VTX engine layout to tell, but I've had to replace tensioners on a Honda CBR 1000 Hurricane once and also on a BMW 1200. Squeels are often belt related as well. Maybe the bike has a belt driving something?

I had a Vulcan 750 that would have a knock and when I have it more throttle the noise would increase. once it warmed up the noise went away. Turned out to be the automatic cam chain tensioner. There was one for each cylinder. If that's the problem and you change the tensioners make sure you get the instruction on how to do it. If you open the tensioner before you install it you'll play he'll getting them in place. Once I changed them there was no more noise. If you don't change them you could damage or break the timing chain. Good luck!

Back