• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help planning a route from DFW to Jasper, AR

Reaction score
This May I'll be going to Jasper, AR for a rally. Kicker is, I'm meeting someone from Tulsa along the way.

Our original plan was to meet in Checotah, OK and take I-40 east to Russellville, then up 7 to Jasper. I have since been informed that I-40 is a very undesirable road...

I can't seem to find a route that'll be fun to ride but get us there before sundown. I plan on leaving here at 7am and would like to be in Jasper by 5pm (take into account food and fuel stops).

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks,
Evan

I've found a route that although still has up on I-40 for a bit, should be a little more fun.

Instead of taking I-40 all the way to Russellville, we'll take the Pig Trail (23) north from Ozark into Brashears, then 16 east to 7 and up to Jasper.

Comments or suggestions?

You have selected a wonderful road. Pace yourself, especially if you are tired when you get to the start of it. Fatigue is not your friend on a road like that.

Have fun!

Back