• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help With Pricing- 1998 HD Dyna Wide Glide

CBaron

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm not really a Harley guy and I half-hearted offered up my 93 Foxbody vert as a trade for this guy's HD. I'm a bit of a sucker for tall ape hangers. :) What do you all think his bike is actually worth?

1998 Dyna Wide Glide with 28k miles. He's listing it with a $5500 trade value.

That’s a private group. Can’t see in unless you are a member.

How much for the Foxbody. Any pictures?

That’s a private group. Can’t see in unless you are a member.
1641785965385.png

How much for the Foxbody. Any pictures?

Honestly, I'm not super keen to get ride of the Fox. I've got a black notch and then this GT convertible (5.0 5spd, bolt on goodies but crappy paint job).

Attachments

• IMG_3584-3.jpg
    IMG_3584-3.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0610.PNG
    IMG_0610.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
Even though I'm personally not a fan of the ape hangers, it does seem like a reasonable deal (value of the bike) depending on the mileage. You're not going to make a lot of friends with those pipes.

28k on the clock for the HD
Thanks Jay, I don't make too many friends in the hood with my mustangs either. :) I casually told him he'd need to put some money on his side. I value my car at a legit $6500 and I'd need $1000-1500 for me to do the trade (if his bike is where he says). My Fox is quickly going up in value.... My coupe has nearly doubled in price over the past 2 yrs!

Here is one I sold about 2 months ago.
https://youtu.be/Szh5HHnJL7A

ProCycle had a 2006 that was nearly completely stock for $6500. Less than 10K miles. Took a while to sell, but it's gone now. That one had a rear seat, sissy bar and soft saddlebags

I would hold on to the mustang. As much as the fox body was the underdog years ago. It's the last buildable mustang imho and will only go up in value. If your really wanting to sell it, I would sell it open and clear for cash and then find a bike you want. That trade looks like it will get messy and you will have to settle for less if you really want that bike.

To the OP: this forum is not H-D friendly so you'll get biased responses.

Keep the car if you like it and are still enjoying it. Buy a bike (this one if you like it) outright. When you have both for a while, then decide if you want to keep both.

Evo's are starting to turn into shovelheads in respects to myth, lore, all that crapola. 5 or 6 years ago I'd say that's kinda high, and even now I think $4800 would probably be a more fair price. Does it have any engine work? Full compliment cam bearing? Bolt in cam? Lifters? 28k is getting into lifter swap territory. Evo's are great, but even the youngest evo is 23-24 years old now, and they've had a lot of time to get monkey wrenched by the broke, and incompetent.

It's only worth what a man would pay? I've owned four of them my guess about $3800 to $4300.On a Evo look for oil leaks.

Thanks everyone, you are giving me the info I was looking for.

I've been pretty dialed into the Fox scene for the past few years. My son and his friend have been buying and selling all kinds of classic cars as a gig to help fund their college education. I've been along side them guiding them, having fun and doing some horse-trading myself. Between the 3 of us we've probably owned 8 Foxes in the past 2 yrs. My GT vert was my first Fox purchase and I did it largely to have a convertible to cruise around in with the wife. Once I landed my black coupe, THATS the car I don't want to let go of!

The harley looked fun and interesting. But I'm more of a non-paved surfaces kind of rider. I'm not going to pursue the HD deal....HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO PURSUE ME. And if he's willing to do the deal I determine, then we can make a comfortable exchange. (I just needed to figure out where I though the value was on his bike) Outside of that, when the spring comes around, I'll just continue to take the wife out for a cruise to get ice cream in the rag top down in my 5.0 so my hair can blow! ;)

1641850760441.png

keep the fox. If your gonna get a HD get a touring model. HD's are meant to ride. Very comfortable out on the open highway with your feet up and cruising.

Back