• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Here I go again,

First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
I was given a early A10 BSA earlier this week. So here I go again.
Think it is a 51 plunger frame, pre-unit 650 twin. It runs but needs a bit of work.
Pictures to follow.

I've never heard of one of those so I googled it. Found this quick video. If it looks anything like the bike in the video, that's freaking awesome.

First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
I've never heard of one of those so I googled it. Found this quick video. If it looks anything like the bike in the video, that's freaking awesome.

No, mine is not as nice.
Did you notice that when the rider turned on the lights he put his hand in front of the headlight? They didn't call Lucas the Prince of Darkness for no reason.
Here are a few pictures of the old girl. It has what is called a plunger frame for rear suspension. Mine has a Norton single gas tank, Velocette Scrambler fenders, a solo seat. Need to find a battery carrier and get the generator repaired.
I also acquired a 53 C11 BSA. Good thing it was free. It mat keep me busy for a year.
Some people would wonder why I restore old bikes? I feel it as a good thing to do, bring back old technology for those who have never seen a BSA, Norton, Ariel or any other classic bike. Some of the things we take for granted came from those bikes. Velocette had the first positive foot shift, Royal Enfield had the first swing arm suspension.

Attachments

First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
Well there are people out there who think Harley and Honda invented the motorcycle, what can I say!
Got word back from the BSA club and my A10 is a 53 model.
The other bike the 53 C11 is slowly coming apart. Keep finding issues I need to deal with. Good thing I'm retired.

First Name
Tim
Love the older stuff. I started riding and driving early 70s and have a reminder of each that I continue to work on.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Nice work John, I need to come and look at it some time with my really loud SMCR so we break the neighbors in right.