• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hereford Texas her I come

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
I'm leaving a little earlier than I planned on. I haven't been on a road trip for over 2 years. Plus I'll have time for pictures if I see something! Tomorrow's interview is with TxDOT and in one of my more favorable places. Not too far from Colorado riding, but even closer to New Mexico riding.

95-29
29-183
183-84
84-283
283-153
153-70
70-20
20-84
84-385

I'll be slow, take pit stops. Now hurry today. If you know of any good places to eat let me know. I'll be checking the post when I stop.

Oh, and this is the first time in a LONG time I've been fully geared up. I forgot how heavy all of this stuff is.

I went 36 to risingstar then north to hi 6 and just wondered all across Texas to get to the north west , a really good ride that day even if it was 105 in the shade had to stop at an abandoned gas station in Hereford to fix a flat at 1:00 , couldn’t have done it without the shade of the canopy , next door to a motel kinda on the south side of town . Less than 4 hours to New Mexico from there . I was going to get a room and take my time fixing the tire but it was too early , I spent the night in New Mexico . A stretch of I 70 around 25 miles and I 80 for 15 miles were the only I roads involved in the ride .

Were you planning on going to NM or CO? Doing any camping? There was a little drive in outside of Slaton I think on the left going north that was pretty decent. Really liked the crinkle cut fries there.

Last edited:
What a day. It took longer than yesterday. Like a SMART guy, I saw the news saying there would be lane closures on the main highways so I went around all of that. I added an extra 150 times to my ride. I got home at 9 pm.

Back