• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Here's A Story... Of Some Lovely Ladies... Leaning Ladies Lunch (Merged)

An update from Justine:

Falkryte said:
I was really sore in my neck and shoulders yesterday. Im back up to 100% today though. Just gotta swap out some parts on my bike and Im ready to roll! That migrane was intense! I would say that was the worst one I have had yet! Just anyone talking near me hurt my head. Hope I never have one like that again. But all in all im back up and running again :thumb:

Glad to hear she's doing good. That was quite a scare we all got. :giveup:

Me and you, Sandy. I respect the heck out of these ladies--that was a nasty day. I look at the pictures and realize I don't have the right clothes for this type of escapade--all the more reason to hit Cycle Shack! Plus-- I had a test the next day, getting home that late would not have been a wise decision.

The neat thing is none of the bikes are wimpy bikes- these are big bikes! In the safety course I took, the instructor (who I did not like) told me my bike --honda 750--was too large for me. I don't think so--I really like my bike! So, it was neat to see women on these bikes, bigger than mine.

Please- another soon? How about a bi-monthly even?

I did get an extra hug that morning, so maybe it all evened out. I sure would have enjoyed the trip, the stories, and the information though!
Zandra

Me and you, Sandy. I respect the heck out of these ladies--that was a nasty day. I look at the pictures and realize I don't have the right clothes for this type of escapade--all the more reason to hit Cycle Shack! Plus-- I had a test the next day, getting home that late would not have been a wise decision.

The neat thing is none of the bikes are wimpy bikes- these are big bikes! In the safety course I took, the instructor (who I did not like) told me my bike --honda 750--was too large for me. I don't think so--I really like my bike! So, it was neat to see women on these bikes, bigger than mine.

Please- another soon? How about a bi-monthly even?

I did get an extra hug that morning, so maybe it all evened out. I sure would have enjoyed the trip, the stories, and the information though!
Zandra

Too big??? Really? Was he kidding, maybe? Mine is a 650cc engine and I'd actually consider a bigger bike if there was a reasonable (and cheap) way to adjust for height...

Yes, I vote for more frequent Ladies Only rides. :sun:

Wonderful posts about the ride. Would rrrrrrrrrrreally like to know about the next one if there's a group from DFW going.

Thanks Squeaky for organizing this all. :thumb: It's really awesome to see a group of ladies get together and ride. It turned out to be quite a long day though & I think I was the closest person to our meeting spot.

I showed up about 15 minutes early in Navasota. The wind was really blowing & I kept watching my bike to make sure my jacket would fly away. I was sitting away from it trying to soak up the sun. As it got closer to 10:00 I started to wonder if the group was meeting down at the other exit. Sure enough, Squeaky shows up alone about 45 minutes later and waves for me to follow here. We had a nice variety of bikes in the group.

It was nice to get to meet some new faces. I got home around 5:30 and did not envy the girls who were heading back to Houston. :yawn:

Wow! What a nice ride.
I rode with a group of gals in Hawaii and really miss that. Guys do not ride the same way, not the same at all.
I'd love to ride with you guys..err.... gals!... on your next ride.
I should have my bike fixed by then. Just need to know what date so I can be sure and take off from work.
Mary

I was thinking of making the next one female-centric but not necessarily ladies only.

How do y'all feel about "Ladies Choice" ? Each gal that comes for the ride can bring a guy of her choice (doesn't have to be her SO) but unless he's invited by a woman, guys can't just invite themselves.

Cute idea or over-the-top insane and too hard to manage? :ponder:

You go ladies! Fine report and love it that more and more ladies are getting out on the road. Use to be I'd do a 7000 mile trip about the US and never see a lady on a bike the whole way. Now, it's getting very common. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ladies choice. Hmmmm reminds me of the Dances in the 60's and '70's where it was a Ladies choice dance. And lots of the guys were trying to hide. :lol2: :lol2: But they drug them out anyways. :giveup:

I was thinking of making the next one female-centric but not necessarily ladies only.

How do y'all feel about "Ladies Choice" ? Each gal that comes for the ride can bring a guy of her choice (doesn't have to be her SO) but unless he's invited by a woman, guys can't just invite themselves.

Cute idea or over-the-top insane and too hard to manage? :ponder:

A Sadie Hawkins ride? :rider:

A Sadie Hawkins ride? :rider:

Yup, that's what we called it back in school when we had a "ladies choice" dance but I was't sure if it was a regional thing so I didn't use the name.

Now I need to go research the origin of the name... :mrgreen:

As long as I don't HAVE to invite a guy.... I don't know any single guys here...<G>
And as long as the ladies lead and the guys ride in back. Otherwise the testosterone will take over....Nothing personal, it's just how things happen.

Looking forward to riding with ya'll!
Mary

As long as I don't HAVE to invite a guy.... I don't know any single guys here...<G>
And as long as the ladies lead and the guys ride in back. Otherwise the testosterone will take over....Nothing personal, it's just how things happen.

Looking forward to riding with ya'll!
Mary

They don't have to be single - heck, you don't even need to know them! :lol2:
Consider this - all the guys on here that want to tag along will have to kiss up to each of the women going (that aren't already taking someone) to get themselves in.

They don't have to be single - heck, you don't even need to know them! :lol2:
Consider this - all the guys on here that want to tag along will have to kiss up to each of the women going (that aren't already taking someone) to get themselves in.

Oh, that's ok, then! ;-)
Mary

Not to argue the point or anything, but all my group riding experiences with TWT where a woman leads, the men in the group never took over. I don't think anyone should worry about that.

Back