• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Blanco

Reaction score
My uncle-in-law, known as SickJoePick here, just informed me of this forum last night so I thought I'd join up.

I'm not new to riding by any means, but I just did a bike swap and plan to be riding more. I started with a buddy's CFR100 around age 14 and since then have owned a Honda Shadow 750 (commuter bike for college) and a TW200. Just sold the TW a few weeks ago and rolled the money into my pride and joy, the DR-Z400. One of my best friends from high school just bought the same bike after riding one of Winsur4's bikes out near Big Bend so we're planning some biking trips in the near future.

I've been out to Hidden Falls and GSL ranch on the TW, now plan on doing a lot more riding since I have a bike that has more power than a lawnmower!

I'm always looking for new areas to ride in nearby although I know it's hard to find good places here in Texas.

I hear you guys like pictures, so here you go:

Welcome to the site!

Congrats on the DRZ. It's a great solid bike.

Welcome to the group, look forward to meeting soon!

Welcome to the site!

Congrats on the DRZ. It's a great solid bike.

Thanks!

The bike is bone stock and was ridden by an older gentleman with the original "Deathwings" so I know it couldn't have been ridden too hard. I plan to put a skid plate, case savers, new tires, and handlebar risers, then hopefully ride it for many years to come!

Howdy!

Friends in Spring Branch and had a hunting lease in Johnson City for years.
Ole 300 is awesome BBQ ... brilliant country in that area.

DRZ is a great rig ... enjoy it!

Howdy!

Friends in Spring Branch and had a hunting lease in Johnson City for years.
Ole 300 is awesome BBQ ... brilliant country in that area.

DRZ is a great rig ... enjoy it!

I got a job at PEC ~3.5yrs ago and we moved to the area (from Spicewood) about a year after that. I'm originally from College Station. Blanco is great and yes, Old 300 is some of the best BBQ I've had. Glad to see there's some other folks in the area.

Aloha and welcome to TWT. I second 300 BBQ. Great brisket and my daughter loves smoked cheese cake.

welcome!

here's an event that'll be a nice opportunity to meet some fellow inmates and get some riding in.

and it's near you!

Back