• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi, from College Station

Reaction score
I'm a teacher, so I'm loving life right now, but I also coach, so Summer's almost over for me. 2002 Road King, but about to possibly go to a smaller bike.

Hi there. I just got back from College Station, helping son starting up there this Fall.

What kind of riding do you like? Long hauls, commuting, weekend warrior, ...?

Mostly weekend warrior and commuting. When I got my RK, thought I'd be touring all over the US, but I just don't have time for the long hauls. Congrats on your son starting soon. Big step, but I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Also, I'm looking at getting an SV650. Maybe a Bandit 1250. But, that Bandit might be too much power for me.

Cool. Post a pic of your bike so we can all appreciate it too.

Thx for the kind words. He's gonna do great. He's much smarter and younger than his papa. Funny how that works.

FD edition?

I had an 05 Peace Officer edition in blue. Loved the bike, got tired of scraping floor boards everywhere. Welcome!

FD edition?

I had an 05 Peace Officer edition in blue. Loved the bike, got tired of scraping floor boards everywhere. Welcome!
Correct! First year for FD edition--2002. Was built as a result of 9/11. Re-badged Shriner bike. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome. I had a 04 RK; an easy riding and low maintenance bike. TC88?

Welcome from central Texas. Nice bike. How long have you been riding? When you get a chance make sure to check out the Longhorn steak house there in town amazing grub. KP

Howdy! Just got back from a two week stint in Aggie Land. I live in San Antonio but took my bike to camp so I could ride out to some of my old faves like Sodoak's in Snook. I managed to make it to one of the bike nights at the World of Beer and meet some of the locals. Welcome to TWT and we'll see you down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

welcome. I have ridden both the SV650 and currently own a Bandit 1250. It depends on what you plan to do with the bike. I think the SV650 has more usable torque and handles a better than a 1250, I love the smoothness of an inline though and for my style riding the Bandit fits me perfect. Dont let the 1250cc intimidate you, the SV650 is easier to pull the front wheel up in my opinion

Welcome. I had a 04 RK; an easy riding and low maintenance bike. TC88?
Yessir. I still need to put in the hydraulic cam chain tensioners, though. So far, so good.

Welcome from central Texas. Nice bike. How long have you been riding? When you get a chance make sure to check out the Longhorn steak house there in town amazing grub. KP
I've been riding off and on since 2001. Thanks for the kind words. I drove from Austin to Iowa to get that bike. I bought it in October. It was 27 degrees in Clinton, Iowa, at the time. I'll go far for a great deal! Plus, the adventure is half the reward!

And, to everyone else, thanks for the compliments. I certainly feel welcome.

Yessir. I still need to put in the hydraulic cam chain tensioners, though. So far, so good.

I've been riding off and on since 2001. Thanks for the kind words. I drove from Austin to Iowa to get that bike. I bought it in October. It was 27 degrees in Clinton, Iowa, at the time. I'll go far for a great deal! Plus, the adventure is half the reward!

And, to everyone else, thanks for the compliments. I certainly feel welcome.
We try to camp when it is not too hot do you do anything like that off the bike?

Back