• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi From New Braunfels

Reaction score
Hola! Thanks for the add to the site. Intro and pics here as suggested...

I grew up with a little dirt bike action but had been away from riding for a long time. The itch was always there. About a year ago, my wife got interested and saw touring as something fun to do - for us and with a few friends. So I got back into it. Right now we're set up for street and touring. I'm really interested in ADV style riding so this looks like a great forum to learn more about it and the Texas riding scene. Right now I have a 2018 Indian Roadmaster and a 2006 Kawi Vulcan. Here's a pic of the RM without the trunk and another of all the two wheeled modes of transportation.

20181221_151806_zpsalwgljus.jpg

20181101_143905_zpsoco3pjy1.jpg

Hola! Thanks for the add to the site. Intro and pics here as suggested...

I grew up with a little dirt bike action but had been away from riding for a long time. The itch was always there. About a year ago, my wife got interested and saw touring as something fun to do - for us and with a few friends. So I got back into it. Right now we're set up for street and touring. I'm really interested in ADV style riding so this looks like a great forum to learn more about it and the Texas riding scene. Right now I have a 2018 Indian Roadmaster and a 2006 Kawi Vulcan. Here's a pic of the RM without the trunk and another of all the two wheeled modes of transportation.

View attachment 228493

View attachment 228492

Welcome from Stockdale!

Good looking Indian you got there!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Love the leather!

What kind of cabinet/work bench setup is that? And what is the grey wall stuff with the shelving? I need some of that!

Howdy.

I'm guessing you know Jean Junker and the NB cycling crew down there?

What kind of cabinet/work bench setup is that? And what is the grey wall stuff with the shelving? I need some of that!

Thanks. The last few houses we lived in had basements and we finished those out nice. With no basements where we live, the garage got detailed instead! The cabinets and wall treatments are from a company called ProSlat. Those are the Edge series cabinets. Really heavy duty, high quality. The whole wall to my back in that picture is wall slats with assorted hooks for outdoor equipment, etc. Pricey stuff, but so much better quality than what you get at the big box store. And the garage stays organized.

Welcome to NB. I'm a local myself and a member of the Comal River Riders which highly recommend. Regarding an ADV type bike, I ride a Yamaha S10 and find the local riding to be great with our selection of back roads. Yesterday I rode to San Saba via a six hour route and posted on page 34 of what I did with my S10. Note: I'm Old1959 there and ADVRider. Link

Back