• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Wimberley!

Reaction score
After way too long, I finally picked up a 2008 XR650L. do some tweaks and minor upgrades and making it my own, but it wasnt set up too bad to begin with. I am a long time motorcyclist, Dirt and street, and also recently just went headlong into the world of electric (love to share this adventure). But the BRP has been a dream since it first launched when I was a teenager. really looking forward to some dual sport adventures, but Dirt and road are just as good :).
Here are some of the electrics I have been Modifying for way higher performance and My new (to me at aleast ) XR650L
thanks for having me

Attachments

• 20200802_164852.jpg
    20200802_164852.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 170
  • 20200808_072631.jpg
    20200808_072631.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20201129_171122_882.jpg
    IMG_20201129_171122_882.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20201129_171122_883.jpg
    IMG_20201129_171122_883.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 20200726_225534.jpg
    20200726_225534.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 175
Welcome from Fort Worth. Haven't run across any other electric enthusiasts yet. I am intrigued from a design point of view with the one that appears to have the motor in the rear wheel. Simplicity at the cost of some unsprung weight. Sooner or later I suppose we all will embrace the battery. Perhaps you will lead us.

If they get to a point where there is an electric motorcycle with a real world 300 mile range on a charge, that is not heavier than an equally powered ICE bike.

My ICE bike days will be numbered. I'll just keep one for the occasional long trip here and there.

Wimberley is an awesome little town. You know how a refining engineer could make a living around Wimberley?

Wimberley is an awesome little town. You know how a refining engineer could make a living around Wimberley?

Retirement or open a boutique. Fun little sleepy Blanco River valley village, but not much in the way of industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Fort Worth. Haven't run across any other electric enthusiasts yet. I am intrigued from a design point of view with the one that appears to have the motor in the rear wheel. Simplicity at the cost of some unsprung weight. Sooner or later I suppose we all will embrace the battery. Perhaps you will lead us.
that bike in particular (motor in the rear wheel) tops out max of 62 mph and has a 40 mile range. havent really even started to up the power levels yet (8000 watt/10 hp). its a fun little hooligan tool. The other ones are a little more intense. all still very limited range (in comparison). they are an absolute riot in there own right, I didnt think i would love them as much as I do. They arent fully ready to replace ICE yet and I am not there either. more than happy to bring em out to local places and let people try em too

If they get to a point where there is an electric motorcycle with a real world 300 mile range on a charge, that is not heavier than an equally powered ICE bike.

My ICE bike days will be numbered. I'll just keep one for the occasional long trip here and there.
I kept 4 so far (not including the 4 wheelers).. lol just in case

Welcome from Spring!
Good find on the XR. Cool electrics, lots of fun there. Electric is here for real. One test ride is all it takes.
My company manufactures electric assist tandem bicycles and the technology is advancing like crazy.

HOTT

Welcome from Spring!
Good find on the XR. Cool electrics, lots of fun there. Electric is here for real. One test ride is all it takes.
My company manufactures electric assist tandem bicycles and the technology is advancing like crazy.

HOTT
don emind me asking? which company?

Welcome. Hope you get a charge out of being part of a great group of folks. 8-)

Back