• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi! My name is -Slider- and I’m a bike-a-holic

Reaction score
Hey Y’all! I’m from Cypress , TX. I’m returning to the Adventure/Dual-Sport world after an ill-fated couple years on a Harley. I’ve owned a bunch of bikes, lots of KLR’s, a few V-Stroms , a few cruisers, some touring bikes, standards and the above mentioned Harley.

At this point you may be asking why was the Harley ill fated?

Well, it died an untimely death last November 22nd. I was cruising down 362 in Waller when a car suddenly whipped a u-turn from the shoulder. At least that’s what they tell me. I don’t remember it.
After that I got a $51K ride in a helicopter that I also don’t remember.
I spent 10 days at Memorial-Herman in Houston, they gave me some titanium accent pieces while I was there. Then I spent 7 weeks in a wheelchair, and few weeks with a walker. I returned to work last Monday after 14 weeks off.

I also went riding for the first time since the accident the Saturday prior to my return to work.
I’ve been riding since I was 5 never considered giving it up for a second!

I rode my wife’s Wee-Strom and I’ve ridden it couple times since then it doesn’t fit me as well as it used to, so I bought a GSA. Just picked it up today. A quick photo after I pulled it off the trailer is attached. Y’all have a great night!

Attachments

• 99769ABC-F114-4AE1-B020-85FBEFF7343A.jpeg
    99769ABC-F114-4AE1-B020-85FBEFF7343A.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Glad you healed up and are back in the action.

Welcome to the forum. I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter, but not like you did.

You're going to need one of these

and one of these

I have the shoulder chapter and the titanium chapter shirts

Back