• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi there.

Reaction score
Howdy. I'm in NE Houston (Atascocita). Been riding about 2.5 years. Sold my fun Kawi z650 and picked up a beautiful FJR 1300 so I could log miles in comfort and my wife *might* ride to dinner on the back. I like short evening rides just after rush hour and long Saturday or Sunday mornings. I plan to make occasional day/weekend trips to the Austin area for disc golf and riding. Plans to ride Arkansas Ozarks, Colorado mountains, Utah sandstone, Pacific NW, Eastern Appalachians, and so on. Too much riding, not enough vacation.

My wife and I have 4 boys, 3 college age with #4 in middle school. Give a wave if you see me.

PXL_20220320_155947960.MP.jpg
PXL_20220320_155817441.MP.jpg
PXL_20211223_221528049.jpg

Welcome aboard form the West Texas herd! That's an absolute beauty of a bike! I have often considered an FJR1300, but prefer to get dirty, and the places I travel would not be kind to street bike! :welcome:

Nice progression from 650 to 1300.
(it's literally twice the bike! lol)

I've been curious, how much "heavier" does the FJR compare to your previous ride?

Welcome from Nacogdoches. We have a few good disc golf courses up here. I'm a bit of a hack when it comes to the sport so Lake Nacogdoches has eaten quite a few of my discs. The other courses are much more tame.

Check out www.WildernessRider.com when you head to the Arkansas Ozarks. The ranch is a beautiful place to camp (cabins in the area too) with lots of trails for riding and hiking. The pavement and dirt roads in this area are also amazing.

Nice progression from 650 to 1300.
(it's literally twice the bike! lol)

I've been curious, how much "heavier" does the FJR compare to your previous ride?
Over 200 lbs heavier with a full tank. I feel it most significantly at parking spot speeds or catching it from slight tipping when stopping at a light. But once moving it carves nearly as well as the 650. Requires only a bit more effort.

Another stark difference is the much wider seat. It's like riding a horse. I need more yoga in my life.

But the power and easy high speed cruising are something the z couldn't do.

Welcome aboard! The FJR has been on my radar for a while now.

Back