• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi to all

Howdy!
New York? Mighty cold up there ain't it? C'mon down to Texas and ride! It was cold yesterday but A bud and I managed an afternoon ride. Bout 75 degrees. Brrr!

Welcome to the site!

We had Fall last weekend. All the leaves changed and dropped in the space of maybe a week. Now it is 58 with clear blue skies. Tomorrow it could be snowing or dumping rain like the animals are coming in pairs... It keeps things from getting boring!

Back in 2004 I had a guy from Ottawa contact me to plan a week long adventure ride for him down here in Texas. He wanted to get in one last good ride before tucking his bike away for winter. He came down right after Christmas. It started snowing the day before he got here and then snowed all the way down in Harlingen (Southern tip of Texas). I tried to explain that it wasn't normal to get snow like that, so it had to be his fault :-P We ended up doing several days of back road riding here in East Texas on dirt roads and had a blast. He'd never ridden his 1200 GS off the pavement before. He enjoyed the first day so much we reversed the route and did it again the second day. Then it was back off to the Great White North for him. I think it got back up into the 70s no long after he left :lol2:

Where in NY? My son just moved back home from nine years in Sleepy Hollow, and I have another friend up in Rochester.

Welcome to virtual Texas! ;)

New England is a bucket list ride for me. Someday...

Back