• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls 2-24-2012

jqueen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
So my father, my brother, my son and I show up at Hidden Falls with a TTR-250, KLX450, XR70, and V-Strom (650 - that 1000 might be a bit of a handful on the rock ledges). There's a long story behind that, but let's just say brother was supposed to break in his XR250 that he's never ridden, because he's riding it on the Uncle's Round the Bend challenge ride in 2 weeks. However, the XR ran into a late part delivery from the dealer, and it was already torn apart awaiting the part....

So Dad and brother take turns riding the Strom on the park roads with my son while I run the trails with the other one.

We got a total of 40 trail miles in, about 20 for each of them (plus whatever they did on the Strom). We all had a good time, and the young guns both fell fairly hard, while the veteran was smart enough to step off the bike and watch it fall down a few times. Well, they tell me I fell down, but I had the camera, so I'm pretty sure they can't prove it.

So here's the video - if you don't like the trail portions:

Nice slow-mo climb at 1:20
the only crash we caught at about 4:20
Another slow-mo climb at 9:50

But I cut it down. My first attempt was 25 minutes - I cut out almost all of the footage with nobody in front of me, and went double speed on some of what was left to cut the length down, and I stlll ended up with 11:50 for length! And no, there is no video of the V Strom

[ame="http://youtu.be/yArab8g1lJA"]2013-02-24 Hidden Falls - YouTube[/ame]

$25 per adult rider, $15 per minor rider. Add $2 each if NOT paying cash.

http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

Oh - forgot to mention - front brake lever broke off at the pivot about halfway through the day, so about half the miles were rear brake only.:rider:

Back