• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls October 14th - 16th, 2022

Looks like great fun! BTW, where's the grass?
63336DA8-31B8-4AE9-A100-851B5831857A.jpeg

It was great meeting you and riding. Got hot at the end.
Hope to use you as guides sometime soon at Sam Houston NF trails.

Looks like a great time!

How big bike friendly is Hidden Falls? I wouldn't mind hauling my AT down there for a day ride, it's only about 2 hours from me. I wouldn't expect to hit the tightest technical stuff (though I might try), but is there enough to keep a big bike busy for the day?

Looks like a great time!

How big bike friendly is Hidden Falls? I wouldn't mind hauling my AT down there for a day ride, it's only about 2 hours from me. I wouldn't expect to hit the tightest technical stuff (though I might try), but is there enough to keep a big bike busy for the day?
There were several bigger bikes out there. I didn’t talk to any of them. I assume ,like me with my 790 , they just wanted to get some practice on a little rougher terrain that just doing gravel back country roads.

Looks like a great time!

To be more specific though there are lots of the Park Roads and ATV trails out there that are more than doable on a big bike and provide challenges above and beyond what we do most every day.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks again for letting me hang out with you all this weekend. I had a great time.
:chug:

Little drone video from part of the south loop. Even though this drone has auto-follow and obstacle avoidance I am still a little paranoid. Next time I will have it closer to the canopy and at a better angle to see the elevation changes.

A few photos from the drone.

Top down left to right is Me, Jimmy (JimRad), Mark and John (LicketySplit)
HF_Oct_2022_2.jpg

Start of South Loop
HF_Oct_2022_3.jpg

LicketySplit in upper left there. Somewhere on Southloop before Valley Road.
HF_Oct_2022_4.jpg

My ugly orange Tacamo marks our campground for the weekend.
HF_Oct_2022_5.jpg

Me
HF_Oct_2022_6.jpg

Me again. The drone liked me.
HF_Oct_2022_7.jpg

Back