• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls rides

Wish I could have gone along, been out of town for 9 days straight so
I figured I better hand around long enough for my wife and daughter to
Remember who I am

I got home and it took longer to get the MUD off than to get the bolt out. Shifter is back on, I just need to loctite it again before I tighten it down. Looking forward to getting together again in a couple of weeks.
I am interested to see what Mike thought of the softer front suspension settings.

I had a great time showing y'all HF's, the 10 miles that I actually did, :oops: before the shifter bolt broke.

Sam

That was the best $25 I've spent in a long time I had a blast.Thanks to some great advice from a couple of good buddies I'm no longer scared of my bike and I'm proud to say I rode my bike instead of it riding me Thanks guys!

Sam those adjustmen's were incredible the front tire just seemed to get real sticky, tracking great.Thanks.Now is there anything to adjust to keep my butt from hurting?

Dang, I missed this ride. Glad you guys had a good time and stayed dry.

Wish it was closer for me. I had a blast on my xr650r when I went. I think the 380 will be a little easier to ride :lol2:

That was the best $25 I've spent in a long time I had a blast.Thanks to some great advice from a couple of good buddies I'm no longer scared of my bike and I'm proud to say I rode my bike instead of it riding me Thanks guys!

Sam those adjustmen's were incredible the front tire just seemed to get real sticky, tracking great.Thanks.Now is there anything to adjust to keep my butt from hurting?

It started out looking as if the rain was going to keep us from riding but it turned out to be a great ride. I had a lot of fun riding with you both. Glad the adjustments worked, next time we will concentrate on the rear suspension. But I am not going to comment on your butt. :moon:

Sam

Hey, while watching that video I thought the first guy's shifter was a little loose. :rofl:

Great video, thanks.

Sam

Went out there with Brian today. There was lots of grip or none:giveup:
Very muddy at the bottom. Once you got used to it it was fun to slide around. No rain. Great ride.
I wish I could go back tomorrow.

Oops. Forgot to post up ahead of time. It's muddy out here. Lots o' fun.
53CAF38B-F42C-43B4-959B-1B06D79121CE_zpsvolxmle3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the KTM 2 stroke rider with a fast group that crashed on The Ridge is yesterday is here, I feel my buddies owe you an apology. 2 of my buddies were standing at the top of the largest hill climb, on the trail. I backed off when I heard the first 3 coming, yet they stood there gawking.

Oops. Forgot to post up ahead of time. It's muddy out here. Lots o' fun.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas, that was you parked over by the road??? We were up just past the cabins. I knew I should have come over to see if y'all were TWTers. :doh:

And if you happened to have been in front of us, I wish you would have splashed some of the water out of the ruts. We would have done it for you. :trust:

Sam

I also saw the BMW X3 and I thought of you. I don't know why I didn't think that it might be you. We arrived about 15 min apart.

Good times yesterday at HF! Thanks to all who showed & rode. Great pace Sam & Justin, our little group moved right along. Thoroughly enjoyed the riding, and couldn't have imagined finer weather for the beginning of summer.

Yes, had a great time yesterday, looking forward to next time!

I will be at Hidden Falls from July 9 to July 12.

I've reserved a cabin for that time, and as long as there are empty bunks there is room for anyone to occupy them. I will charge $15 a night per bunk for anybody needing one.

I'm not going to do a sign-up list for them because it's really more trouble than it's worth. Experience has shown that plans are meant to be broken and common sense always works when you let it. If you're planning on bunking with me and you brought your wife and your 4 kids, the better odds are to reserve your own cabin if you don't want risk any 2-ups. If you're only bringing yourself, the odds are high that you've got a bunk to yourself in my cabin.

I wish I was doing Emma Long enough that I'm considering taking a day to explore there also, but this place has plenty of challenges for me and I'm not sure I'm ready for HF on steroids yet. I haven't made up my mind. But I'll remain planted @HF for the night regardless.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. But I am only an hour away so I will drive out one morning and see if we can find some fun stuff to ride. :rider:
Lets see, if I just knew what today is. :doh:
Anyway, 10th, 11th or 12th for me.

Sam

Thomas, that was you parked over by the road??? We were up just past the cabins. I knew I should have come over to see if y'all were TWTers. :doh:

And if you happened to have been in front of us, I wish you would have splashed some of the water out of the ruts. We would have done it for you. :trust:

Sam

Well I tried and carried a bunch of mud out on the LRP but apparently didn't make much of a dent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also saw the BMW X3 and I thought of you. I don't know why I didn't think that it might be you. We arrived about 15 min apart.

Can't believe we didn't coordinate that better. Been crazy busy and just decided to join onefishtwofish at the last minute.
Next time I'll check with you before I go anywhere so we'll have someone along that knows what he's doing. ;-)
For future reference, nobody else in Texas tows motorcycles behind an X3 with bike racks on it. Just sayin'...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wish I was doing Emma Long enough that I'm considering taking a day to explore there also, but this place has plenty of challenges for me and I'm not sure I'm ready for HF on steroids yet. I haven't made up my mind. But I'll remain planted @HF for the night regardless.

Honestly, City Park (Emma Long) isn't really any more difficult than some of the sections encountered at Hidden Falls. The biggest difference is that there is just not as much easy stuff between the technical stuff. City Park is only a 6 1/4 mile loop; a condensed Hidden Falls basically.

Come on in, the water's fine! :mrgreen:

Seriously, give me a shout if you decide to come visit City Park. I'll be happy to show you around. :)

Riding HF on Friday!!! Probably get up there around 8 or 9am.

I've got room on my trailer for 2-3 more bikes if anyone wants to catch I ride. I live in Leander and will pick up someone close or we can load your bike up at my place.

Back