• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls rides

It was great meeting some new riders, enjoyed the day of riding.

Yes the XC-F does seem to agree with me, it was a fun day of leading and chasing you around in the mud.

Too busy cleaning my stuff to get to yours

Enjoyed it as well, only the 3rd trip out on my new to me KTM but I am really getting used to it and enjoying the way it rides

A couple pics from the ride on Sunday

14079581_1760828567520040_6990276684201763791_n.jpg

14199649_1760828624186701_1958515868564248977_n.jpg

14192054_1760828670853363_4618293271647983214_n.jpg

14199389_1760828770853353_1678977373960120329_n.jpg

14079488_1760828784186685_1569993910844365135_n.jpg

14095781_1760828810853349_49439250568893498_n.jpg

14088467_1760828827520014_325225351280115108_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HiddenFallsAdventurePark/?fref=ts

From Hidden Falls Facebook page

Our Facebook page is 28 "likes" from being 10,000 strong! To celebrate this occasion we will be giving away a; 6-Month Individual Membership, a Hidden Falls T-Shirt, and a Hidden Falls hat (a $195 value!) to the 10,000 person who likes our page! (And yes we can actually see who likes our page! ? )

If you haven't liked their page yet, you may be able to score a free membership!

My daughter is 11 and a beginner - we went here once a few months ago, and she found the hills / rocks on the park road up by the tower to be too difficult (which meant not much fun).

Are there motorcycle trails that are easy / beginner friendly out there?

Thanks

Zars Ranch down south of San Antonio in Floresville is a good place
for new riders, has a kids and beginner area and some dedicated single
track that is considered an easy loop.

You have to join or go with a member as it is a private place.

I just took my 14 year old out to HF a week ago and if there are beginner trails we didn't find them. She does fairly well in the forest down here in east texas but the rocks were particularly challenging with all the steps and descents. I think she would go back though. She is somewhat more receptive to an off-road riding course now! If anyone has info on one please let us know.

Hidden Falls used to be where I'd go to ramp up my skills to ride Taylor Park, Colorado.
Nowadays, I ride CO to get me prepared for Hidden Falls.

My daughter is 11 and a beginner - we went here once a few months ago, and she found the hills / rocks on the park road up by the tower to be too difficult (which meant not much fun).

Are there motorcycle trails that are easy / beginner friendly out there?

Thanks

From College Station I'd go to Crooked Creek (Waco) for beginner friendly trails.

For Hidden Falls, there is a kid's area by the camper section, but it's pretty small. Other than that it is a matter of finding the park roads you like until the kiddos get comfortable on the rocks. Even the easy trails have rocks (except the small kid's area)..

From College Station I'd go to Crooked Creek (Waco) for beginner friendly trails.

For Hidden Falls, there is a kid's area by the camper section, but it's pretty small. Other than that it is a matter of finding the park roads you like until the kiddos get comfortable on the rocks. Even the easy trails have rocks (except the small kid's area)..

Starting n the ATV trails is good at hidden falls for beginners. Mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to Hidden Falls in the morning. Riding Friday and Saturday. October 21-22.

FINALLY got the dirt bike running and made it to hidden falls. Rode through all the rambly sections on the Ridge Trail which, for me, is not a gimme. That log in the parking lot is so tempting but I'm too chicken to ride over it right now on anything but my trials bike.

FINALLY got the dirt bike running and made it to hidden falls. Rode through all the rambly sections on the Ridge Trail which, for me, is not a gimme. That log in the parking lot is so tempting but I'm too chicken to ride over it right now on anything but my trials bike.
This log?

72f2d553e17e3a87c7f71bd13bb544b6.jpg

This log?

Yep. I've got my 300 feeling closer to my trials bike now and I enjoy having it respond that way, but I wanted to get more confident getting the front end up on the 300 whenever and however much I need to on it.

For so much of the HF trails I would just punch through when I started riding there on my XR250 without trying to bring up the front, so getting in the habit of getting the front up and not just punching through has been one of my skills projects. Sam greeneggsandham tried to get me to think about that skill and make it happen every time I would ride with him. Luckily I don't have that problem now riding my trials bike and if I had it with me last week I would have been woodshedding that log over and over and over.

I was going to go back this weekend but with the rain forecasted on Sunday I might just drag the dirt bike to Emma and only do a day trip. I think I'm ready to start slogging through the Emma trail on the 300 now.

Last edited:
Ok Emma is awesome but slippery and wet just like.I wished it wasn't on my first run through the loop on the 300.

Finally made it out here for some riding. It's been some time.

Did the south loop for the first time today. That final big hill climb is a nice ending.

Last edited:
He probably can't keep up with you so he doesn't even try, whoever he is.

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Finally gathered enough courage to do the north loop trail...after doing the ridge loop and south loop.

Dang, that is an awesome trail.

Well that means nothing to me because I have never been there before. Looks like you are also a trials guy, you should be confidant with your trials skills that you can ride almost anywhere, but you might have to slow down in places...

Heading out for my madden voyage to Hidden Falls and on my new Husky. Excited to see what a light bike is like to ride again after so many years !!!

Well by far the Sherco is the best way to build true skill. We could send entire afternoons riding two blocks from our houses in some creek bed making sections with sticks, rocks and later we had flags.

One year I was at a Malcom Smith invitational ride in So Cal on an Indian reservation. It was two 90 mile loops and once you started the loop you had to make it out on the route with minimal ability to cut to course back to the start. After about 10 miles my fuel system plugged up on my XR400 and it wouldn't run with anything more that 1/4 throttle. I had to finish the remaining 80 miles at a crawl and they had huge hill climbs with loose rocks, sand etc. I was poking along in 1st gear trials ridding my way up the hills to great cheers and wonderment why I wasn't going faster. I actually passed quite a few riders who couldn't make the hills with a functioning bike due to lack of skill. It took awhile but I made it all the way back and I wasn't in last place.

Try to connect with some local trials guys, you can learn so much so fast ridding with better guys. The nice thing about trials is the really great riders are faster, they are just more skilled, so you can watch and learn. With most other forms of racing if they are faster you won't be able to hang with them more than a turn or two otherwise odds are pretty good you will get hurt.

Back