• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

Vinny

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Figured I would start one. I plan on getting a six month membership and go there more often. There are the main trails (3) and all the ATV and 4x4 stuff to explore.
I plan on doing some camping too. With the membership it'll encourage me to go.

Going this Saturday 10/31/20 to ride with Mark and maybe someone else. Area B. Around 9 am. Tan jeep truck and red Tacoma.

I have a membership and typically ride there either Saturday or Sunday, 2-3 weekends a month.

South trail is easiest (but not the hard option at the end). North is probably the hardest, Ridge is somewhere in between depending on if you take the hard options. They added a new motorcycle trail this spring called Vista Loop, which has a new trailhead off of West loop or it can be ridden as part of South. It is easy and quite fun.

I mostly ride the single track and avoid the ATV and jeep trails.

Last edited:
Are the trail well marked for the non-regulars?

The single track trails are well marked, except for a short section of North Loop that is confusing. The ATV and 4x4 trails less so, usually there is some signage at major intersections.

GPX tracks for the dirt bike trails are available at trailforks.com, excluding the new Vistra trail.

Last edited:
Had a great ride today. Did north and south. The tall grass and trees looked beautiful in the morning light.

The food trucks are really good. It was nice since I only brought water.

The membership has some good perks. Look forward to camping there.

Fantastic place. Are they open during the week .or just weekends?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The membership has some good perks. Look forward to camping there.
Looked into this but all I saw was 20% off camping fees. Calculated it would take me 5 long weekends a year camping/riding to make an annual membership pay off. Did I miss something?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Looked into this but all I saw was 20% off camping fees. Calculated it would take me 5 long weekends a year camping/riding to make an annual membership pay off. Did I miss something?

Yes you did I think! Membership should give you access during the week, nonmembers is weekends only I think.

The days I need to ride are Mon-Th, so that would work great. I might try the 6 month and see if I go.

Is a Husky 701 too big for a place like this?

Is a Husky 701 too big for a place like this?
If you want to have any fun and ride the trails yes.

If you want to ride the roads within the park no.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I have not ridden there in a year or two, used to ride it often but Zars is closer for me need to go back and ride it again.

If you want to have any fun and ride the trails yes.

If you want to ride the roads within the park no.

I’m looking for a dual sport. Too light and it might not be fun for some Hill Country fun, too heavy and it’s not good for single trails. I don’t want a dirt bike because I still don’t know if I’d go to places like Hidden Falls often (plus I don’t have a trailer). I’m also a noob.

I’m looking for a dual sport. Too light and it might not be fun for some Hill Country fun, too heavy and it’s not good for single trails. I don’t want a dirt bike because I still don’t know if I’d go to places like Hidden Falls often (plus I don’t have a trailer). I’m also a noob.
Hidden is not the place for dual sport in my opinion, the trails there can be trouble for capable dirtbike pilots.

Part of the reason I chose to only focus on one discipline, not having to make any compromise

Also, you have to pay the day before and after when camping (so double the entrance fee if you aren't a member) also a discount (I can camp with my trailer for $20 if I boondock / $40 if I want AC) on purchases of 20%. Works for me since I want to discover the hidden areas and live less than an hour away. I think that camping during the week would be fantastic (quiet) .

It's worth it to have a membership

Hidden is not the place for dual sport in my opinion, the trails there can be trouble for capable dirtbike pilots.

Part of the reason I chose to only focus on one discipline, not having to make any compromise

A true d/s would be fine, think plated dirtbike. The big adv bikes to me aren't d/s. 690 and 701 can be dualsports, just depends on the pilot. I've seen guys ride them pretty good.

Back