• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

Here's a really dumb question: I've ridden the south loop the last few times I've been out there with my uncle. I looped his KTM on the "butt buster" climb once and hurt myself pretty badly (cracked my pelvis), so now I have a mental block for that climb, which I concede is irrational. Is there a different/easier way out from that point?

Cracked your pelvis, eh?

Mebbe we should form a club. Nah, that’d be depressing.

Luckily, I have no idea where in HF I broke my pelvis. But it did take quite awhile to even entertain the idea of returning.

Well, dragged the 300s out today and started on the ridge trail, which I hadn't done before. What a delight! Lots of tight woods, some fun climbs, and we saw all of one other bike.

Well, dragged the 300s out today and started on the ridge trail, which I hadn't done before. What a delight! Lots of tight woods, some fun climbs, and we saw all of one other bike.
rode it/there the day before...left Friday night because of the threat of prolonged rainfall...missed another good day of riding. Oh well. Almost got decapitated near the end of South loop...totally forgot about the low branch near one of the last drops. Love that place.

I haven’t done ridge trail for whatever reason...now I have a reason to go back!

For us out of towners, is there a place to keep a bike secure if staying in a motel? Hard to find a nice motel where a bike cam be in the room these days.

They have cabins at HF of various prices.
Hotels at marble falls should be ok with the bike locked on a trailer or truck .

Been a few months. Looking forward to going back soon. Normally camp with my brother when there. He brings a quad though.
20210916_165210.jpg

Reactions: Dao
Mark, you are riding tomorrow? Thinking about riding tomorrow, rather than Saturday.
sander, Mark should be there Friday. We're supposed to meetup out there to ride.

I'm headed out there this morning, i s/b parked & unloaded around 11am, parking lot B on top of the hill.
doing the south loop 1st, then back to lot for lunch break, then the ridge trail loop.

i think my son's going w me as well, or at least that's what he said he wanted to do late last night.

IMG-20200607-071145.jpg

Sander, sorry for the Late reply I didn’t get a notification. Got a late start Dao’s already up there and I’m on my way.

Here's a really dumb question: I've ridden the south loop the last few times I've been out there with my uncle. I looped his KTM on the "butt buster" climb once and hurt myself pretty badly (cracked my pelvis), so now I have a mental block for that climb, which I concede is irrational. Is there a different/easier way out from that point?

Yes, but not on South trail. You could head back to the main park road and go North to the last section of North trail or go South and follow the park road back to the parking area.

im try to get out there around noon today. got me a fresh new front tire w/ a mousse bib to break in.
vinny, remember how i kept saying my BIKE won't steer right and we slid my forks up to try to fix it?
well i think i found out why ...that front tusk dsport tire i have on there is directional. i failed :angryfire-it's on backwards.

im try to get out there around noon today. got me a fresh new front tire w/ a mousse bib to break in.
vinny, remember how i kept saying my BIKE won't steer right and we slid my forks up to try to fix it?
well i think i found out why ...that front tusk dsport tire i have on there is directional. i failed :angryfire-it's on backwards.
Dao, you don't have to admit that so publicly, ya know Lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Dao
But Dao better never route your front brake line outside the fork. Irish will never forgive you for that. Lol

Back