• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

A true d/s would be fine, think plated dirtbike. The big adv bikes to me aren't d/s. 690 and 701 can be dualsports, just depends on the pilot. I've seen guys ride them pretty good.

Yeah I was thinking more like 500 or 350 exc-f.

That section at the end of @Aspear video is no joke. I have ridden all the marked single track on my old 525 KTM and I enjoy it, others may have differing opinions. I'm not fast but still like to get out and ride, so I ride what i got. The last time out I had my 6.6 gallon tank and my saddle bags loaded for Big Bend and we hit the Ridge trail and the South loop no problem. I got schooled by a 16 year old on a DR650 out there one day. I was trying to pic a line down a nasty section when he came around me and just bombed down. His dad pulled up and stopped next to me and we agreed that we would head down a little slower and make sure we both made it out together.

You'd be fine then. Just hone the skills.

Is that a mc trail or jeep?
It's a jeep trail that few jeeps can make, and less bikes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Is Hidden Falls the place with helicopter pads for extraction on site? Can't remember.

A true d/s would be fine, think plated dirtbike. The big adv bikes to me aren't d/s. 690 and 701 can be dualsports, just depends on the pilot. I've seen guys ride them pretty good.
Drz is plenty capable but I'm sure it would be more fun on 200 pounder or less. I'm like Gary- run what ya brung. For me thats old and heavy but reliable.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Drz is plenty capable but I'm sure it would be more fun on 200 pounder or less. I'm like Gary- run what ya brung. For me thats old and heavy but reliable.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Been in trouble for arguing, so take your word. Ill stick to a true dirt bike. Lol.

Off road riding is 100% about the bike , with the right bike under you anything is possible , they are defiantly NOT all the same . After a few miles on my 2011 Beta 450 and getting the suspension working properly I sold the KTM and have been in places I never dreamed possible I just wish this bike had been around 30 years ago when I could still ride .

View attachment 277882
I don't totally agree with this but it has merit for the average rider.

Plenty of the jeep stuff there is much harder than the single track.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I would hope so. Jeeps are rock crawlers, thats not my idea of riding. FWIW, although not a regular I have been there twice. Familiar with property to some extent.

500 is doable, 350 would be fun.

There are the trails, then there is some gnarly stuff...

That, to me, does not look like even one iota of fun! šŸ˜³

Kudos to you and everyone else that can do it and enjoy doing it.

(Right when I had begun toying with the idea of returning to HF--i did not need to see this vid! Lol)

(Right when I had begun toying with the idea of returning to HF--i did not need to see this vid! Lol)
I agree. Rocks hurt when you fall, at least at my age.

Off road riding is 100% about the bike , with the right bike under you anything is possible , they are defiantly NOT all the same . After a few miles on my 2011 Beta 450 and getting the suspension working properly I sold the KTM and have been in places I never dreamed possible I just wish this bike had been around 30 years ago when I could still ride .

View attachment 277882

I have to disagree.

Its a lot more rider than bike to me.

I could do that hill on a xr250, would it be fun? No. Would it be pretty? No. But I could do it.

I've ridden a xr650l at Emma long more than once successfully. But it was not fun.

The bike does matter, but technique and skill matter more.

123111409_10224803093325909_450301793323814919_n.jpg

Come on Gina ! I'll take you around. The Vista trail is easy and fun. South loop was beautiful Saturday. Don't go on the North loop.

I'm riding my 350 exc-f in a dual sport set up for everything (Emma, HF, CTOR, etc) I think it weights around the same as my 450's use too. Somehow it just makes things easier. Modern suspension, great fuel injection makes a difference.

20201016_085009.jpg

As I get older I need the bike to do more of the work.

I'm riding my 350 exc-f in a dual sport set up for everything (Emma, HF, CTOR, etc) I think it weights around the same as my 450's use too. Somehow it just makes things easier. Modern suspension, great fuel injection makes a difference.
I've wondered if the 350 exc is easier to ride than the 450 exc when things get funky.

Back