• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

I'm riding my 350 exc-f in a dual sport set up for everything (Emma, HF, CTOR, etc) I think it weights around the same as my 450's use too. Somehow it just makes things easier. Modern suspension, great fuel injection makes a difference.

View attachment 278091

As I get older I need the bike to do more of the work.
Nice Jeep! What year model is the 350 and did you uncork it or need to?

Does it matter how much one weights on 350 vs 500?

If you can find one, buy one. Won't be disappointed. Best bike I've ever had.
They're a problem to find used, tins of sx's out there. Do you have the wide ratio or is it a full 6 gears? I think that's what I want but have yet to ride one

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

500 is doable, 350 would be fun.

There are the trails, then there is some gnarly stuff...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Ummm, I'll hike that. No way I'm riding a bike up there. It's beyond my skill.

I just might take you up on that very kind offer. @Monica, you game?

Woodsguy, you're welcome too!

Maybe, if it doesn't look like that video lol

Ummm, I'll hike that. No way I'm riding a bike up there. It's beyond my skill.

Maybe, if it doesn't look like that video lol
You have to intentionally seek out stuff like that. Ridge trail is fun and will take you right by the base of that rock feature at the top of the hill.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I can't imagine your weight mattering much on either. Your decision would depend on the power delivery you want. 350 hp will be a little higher in the rpm's I would think. Not as familiar with exc line. But peak hp on the xcf models is close, just different way of getting there. 350's are no slouch.

Is Hidden Falls the place with helicopter pads for extraction on site? Can't remember.
I haven't noticed any pads, but I was there earlier this year when they helicopter extracted someone out of the 4x4 area.

I rode North and South+Vista loop on Sunday. Really nice weather, but the tall grass is obscuring some of the trail on South Loop through the open field areas.

With a year membership, they have been including a free one day pass for a non-member too.

I just started riding off road this past spring (two rides on the new 150 just before everything shut down from COVID in March), but I have done a lot of mountain biking. Even so, I found some of the sections/climbs on South Loop intimidating, even though that is probably the easiest trail other than Vista. I think it would have been helpful to ride each trail once with an experienced rider. There are also options to skip the more difficult sections of South Loop due to all of the road/atv trail crossings. Someone familiar with the trail system would be able to provide guidance.

Last edited:

The big guy in this post rode a 350. Was anything but slow. I'm probably half his weight on a 300 and couldn't keep up.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I have ridden a couple of the KTM350 the SX and XC great bikes would be a tough choice between the Ktm or Sherco 300 if I went back to a 4 stroke

They have plenty of grunt down low but really rip high up in the RPM if you want to ride up high in the power. Modern 300-350 4 strokes dont give up much
if anything against other bikes for most non professional riders

Nice Jeep! What year model is the 350 and did you uncork it or need to?
Bought it with 9 hrs on the clock. Uncorked. To me it hasn't been anything but perfect. Im the problem. Great torque . Hardly ever use 1st , maybe when trying to jump over a tree. 6 gears. Went 89mph in Big Bend on the boring pavement area (dont tell. Ask Ty about getting passed) Happy around 55mph for long drives(6K RPM) .
Sounds like I'm trying to sell it, I'm not.

Reading around the 350 seems like the better choice for single track but revs higher while the 500 can do single track but performs better as a dual sport. Considering I’m looking for something that can do Hidden Falls but also enjoyable on BDRs, Big Bend, etc, the 500 seems more in tune with what I need. I just hope tight stuff is still doable.

On the other hand I already have a GSA, maybe I need the lightest bike for the ultimate combo.

Last edited:
Reading around the 350 seems like the better choice for single track but revs higher while the 500 can do single track but performs better as a dual sport. Considering I’m looking for something that can do Hidden Falls but also enjoyable on BDRs, Big Bend, etc, the 500 seems more in tune with what I need. I just hope tight stuff is still doable.

On the other hand I already have a GSA, maybe I need the lightest bike for the ultimate combo.

I think you win with either, lol! 350's are hard to beat all around bike.

I would say that a 500 would be great if you only wanted one bike to do all fairly well. If you already have a GS, get the 350. You can cover almost all aspects of riding with them.
My Vstrom never gets used anymore. I'm always looking to ride the 350. If I lived somewhere else, I might use both more evenly.
Now, go get it and let's get to HF talk.

I would say that a 500 would be great if you only wanted one bike to do all fairly well. If you already have a GS, get the 350. You can cover almost all aspects of riding with them.
My Vstrom never gets used anymore. I'm always looking to ride the 350. If I lived somewhere else, I might use both more evenly.
Now, go get it and let's get to HF talk.
Your EXC tagged? How complicated/expensive are the "uncorking" mods? Thanks.

Rode with a guy on a 500 a year ago up at red river back in Bills Woods he had not issue except for grabbing more throttle than he needed a few time
but we enjoyed the show

Your EXC tagged? How complicated/expensive are the "uncorking" mods? Thanks.
Its a EXC-F, comes tagged from origin. Uncorking has levels; cheap to open the air box. You can go exhaust, ECU, etc. Then it get expensive.

"If anyone is out at Hidden Falls and spots a GoPro mounted to an orange Django clip mount please can you let me know? I lost it somewhere within the last mile or so of South loop.
I can offer a small reward if someone can help return it to me."

Cotact info in Facebook link above.

"If anyone is out at Hidden Falls and spots a GoPro mounted to an orange Django clip mount please can you let me know? I lost it somewhere within the last mile or so of South loop.
I can offer a small reward if someone can help return it to me."

Cotact info in Facebook link above.

Wow, sorry to hear that, good luck young man!

Not me. Posting the FB link to spread the word to hopefully help a brother.

I didn't notice anything Sunday. It's probably worth calling the office to see anyone found it and turned it in there.

The first section of South Loop was rerouted sometime during the past week. I think they've added some distance, but they removed the section with the first three 2-3' drops.

Back