• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

i heard that restriction last friday from the dude working inside the office
plus i had to put my initials next to a list of membership rules printed on the checklist before they ran my cc.

they must have had enough of the abuses that went on.
so i think "guests allowed w/ members " gravy train has done left the station for now, or for good.

i'll be out there today around noon, doing the north loop s/t trails. hi 70's & sunny- hawaii weather!
Friday, rain all day, not riding
Sat &/or Sunday, ill be out there between 12-3 riding atv trails on adv bike.

It's possible they changed the rules. I purchased my membership in March and both the membership folder and the "after hours" envelopes state members can bring in guests.

It's possible they changed the rules. I purchased my membership in March and both the membership folder and the "after hours" envelopes state members can bring in guests.
The rule change happened during the covid shut down/members only period

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yeah, because people were breaking the rules, they made it against the rules...

I tried talking to them about it and asked if people were being SNUCK IN to ride for free, how was allowing no guests at all going to stop it and that being able to bring my dad or a buddy on off-days added value to my pass.

The rangers need to simply hammer the sneaky folks on off days for a while, put the arrest for theft of service in the paper noting the member was banned and trespassed and your problems will go away FAST.

I think the real problem was paranoia. The times I ride on off days I am often the only person I see on the single track and often I see no one else at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

as a new member, i currently don't know enough about the politics going on a hf,

but i have to admit, it felt fantastic riding out there on a sunny monday afternoon w/ nobody out there.:rider::rider:
20201207-151722.jpg

Sat &/or Sunday, ill be out there between 12-3 riding atv trails on adv bike.

Can you share what trails are adv bike friendly? I went there once to find some like that, but got lost/overwhelmed.

They give you whatever map you want. If you want ADV stuff look at the Full size or ATV maps and choose trails with 2 or 3 dots of difficulty. It helps to have your phone with an app that does breadcrumb (OnX, Rever, etc) so you can compare to the paper maps for location.

Good to know. I hadn't heard it was a permanent change.

The trail maps are available online: https://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/riding-at-hidden-falls/trail-maps/ and as noted the maps show trail difficulty.

Generally speaking the trails at the North end of the park are more difficult. Green Loop, Green Spur, Lazy Man, Lazy Spur, Turkey Run, Valley Run are the easier ATV trails.

they must have had enough of the abuses that went on.
so i think "guests allowed w/ members " gravy train has done left the station for now, or for good.
Don't blame them at all, I've seen in a couple of places how members abuse the guest privilege, same results, no more!!

Went by there Saturday just to hit a food truck. Couldn't believe how full it was . Looked like parking at a Longhorns game (not this year). Very full.

Ok, going for a camping Friday situation again. Mark is joining me once again. Riding Friday from noon till dark. Camp, eat, drink. Saturday riding till noon or so.
We'll be in the area B camping zone. Close to bathrooms and food trailers.
20201204_175541.jpg

me + buddy might be able to make it there friday
if so, we be there be around 11:40.
k/u noon. i'll come find u guys.

Last edited:
y'all 3 were still out riding past sundown when i dropped on by...
it's all good? or did someone break down/flat tire/got hurt?

that was one tough afternoon ride!
so much fun, not enough daylight to keep it going.

Dao, come out to the AMSA ride day tomorrow at Geortz Ranch. Rich and I are going out about 11 tomorrow.

Geortz Ranch
4320 FM-535, Bastrop TX, 78602

y'all 3 were still out riding past sundown when i dropped on by...
it's all good? or did someone break down/flat tire/got hurt?

that was one tough afternoon ride!
so much fun, not enough daylight to keep it going.
We kept stopping at hard obstacles and taking the hard lines a few times for practice. Got dark quick.

Dao, come out to the AMSA ride day tomorrow at Geortz Ranch. Rich and I are going out about 11 tomorrow.

Geortz Ranch
4320 FM-535, Bastrop TX, 78602

i'll be there JT
it's gonna be one huge festive blowout tomorrow at Goertz

They give you whatever map you want. If you want ADV stuff look at the Full size or ATV maps and choose trails with 2 or 3 dots of difficulty. It helps to have your phone with an app that does breadcrumb (OnX, Rever, etc) so you can compare to the paper maps for location.
The Locus Pro mapping app (like $10) allows you to take a photo of the park map (or any map), then geo-reference it to the base map. Then you can have an overlay with adjustable transparency with the trails and your location.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
befc253fbc7c3d62185dcffd3578ffe9.jpg

Back