• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

we arrived at goertz around 9:30am, k/u 10, trails were just incredible. all the single tracks fresh moist & tacky.
amsa laid out an easy, c level friendly loop, with a few b level technical spot down in the sandy bottom creek beds. all hero dirt.

our local smithville celeb, andrew short was out there rippin it up w/ everyone. :thumb::thumb:

ps, next amsa ride's in mid Jan, @ Powell's.
pss, feb 5-8, '21 big, big 3day trail ride coming up. so start eatin' your wheaties, tighten up your spokes, have your sick days ready to use.

hi 70s all this week~
i'll be at hf today & tomorrow,
taking the big girl out there..
20201221-173624.jpg

oh cr@ppp!

im going anyways...:lol2::lol2::lol2:
i didnt get the memo, didn't get the christmas bonus

Last edited:
Is this North Loop hard line? I don't recognize this exact spot.

I went yesterday and did two laps of North Loop. The trail was muddy in spots. They're open for members only this week so the place was mostly empty.

yes,that's the north loop hard line....i think it's the last climb, or 2nd to last, before completing the end of north loop.

thanks for info re: it being open for members.
i kinda thought i could get in w/ my gate card.

yes,that's the north loop hard line....i think it's the last climb, or 2nd to last, before completing the end of north loop.

thanks for info re: it being open for members.
i kinda thought i could get in w/ my gate card.
That's where it looked like

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yep, just flip it. But as Aspear said the Millville is the wrong choice for HF. And who stops and retrieves their knobs as they tear off? That creates a whole other series of questions!

Yep, just flip it. But as Aspear said the Millville is the wrong choice for HF. And who stops and retrieves their knobs as they tear off? That creates a whole other series of questions!
Someone who believes in keeping trails clean.

My money is they were about to completely tear and he pulled them off.

IRC IX-09 GEKKOTA is my new Go To tire. I was running the Shinko 525 but not anymore. We have quite a few rocks and roots
image0-56.jpeg

image0-56.jpeg

image3-17.jpeg

and this tire is an Animal.

Last edited:
In August I put the MOTOZ Enduro Tractionator I/T on the 500 with a with a Nitro Firm bib. Its done the Ark 500 and about 20 hours more on it and this is what it looks like today. I pushed it to 90 MPH yesterday on the asphalt and not a hitch. My buddy was helping put in in the truck yesterday and tripped on my 5th wheel hitch and did a Whisky throttle in the back of my truck. Thus the burned rubber on one side. It was pretty funny. He was pretty embarrassed.
image2-33.jpeg

Someone who believes in keeping trails clean.

My money is they were about to completely tear and he pulled them off.

yupp, they had collected thru a hard part of trail we went thru. Didn't tear them off by hand...only by throttle. Mark said he could see them flying off on my way up the obstacle. North loop has some steps close to the end on a "hard" section. Hope I picked them all up.

I love the MotoZ for durability. Great tire if you only want to change one once a year.

I just replaced the disintegrating tire with one they sold at the HF gift shop. 525 cheater I believe. Feels very soft and was easy to mount. Wont last very long but I'll get the grip I need to stay in front of Mark.

yupp, they had collected thru a hard part of trail we went thru. Didn't tear them off by hand...only by throttle. Mark said he could see them flying off on my way up the obstacle. North loop has some steps close to the end on a "hard" section. Hope I picked them all up.
I know those steps well.

Personally I run a michelin starcross 5 medium everywhere. It is a good enough all around tire and lasts me about 20 hours before I feel like switching(probably before most, I have throwaway tires that would make @JMZ sick). I tried a shinko 520 gummy and got less than 10 hours from it which just wouldn't do. But that does include a lot of fast and harder pack riding.

Back