• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

@johnnyblaze would go ride Emma long and camp there one night on the cheap. He would then get up and go to Hidden Falls ride that day, camp and ride the next day. He would get three days of riding while only paying for 2 days and 1 night at Hidden Falls.

Unfortunately Emma Long Campground is still closed. I had already planned on doing the same. The difference between 2 ride days and 3 days is only $10 though. I mainly planned that just to ride Emma Long as never have.

While we're all waiting for our in person membership interviews ....
here's a yt to fill in the wait

Last edited:
heading to HF Friday am, riding friday and saturday, camping overnight in Primitive RV.

If anyone happens to be out there, drop by if you can. I’ll be out there with my 4X4 lifted van, WR450F....I know it’s a bit “overweight” for HF, but riding what I got/what’s fun.

Have ridden everything in BBNP multiple times, all trails, a lot of BB Ranch SP, experienced...multiple years. have done BB 4 times this year. HF is closer.

any advice on what to do/not miss?

heading to HF Friday am, riding friday and saturday, camping overnight in Primitive RV.

If anyone happens to be out there, drop by if you can. I’ll be out there with my 4X4 lifted van, WR450F....I know it’s a bit “overweight” for HF, but riding what I got/what’s fun.

Have ridden everything in BBNP multiple times, all trails, a lot of BB Ranch SP, experienced...multiple years. have done BB 4 times this year. HF is closer.

any advice on what to do/not miss?
Ask for all 3 maps when you pay at the front. ( MC, ATV, 4WD) Very well marked trails for motorcycles. They all start very close to each other. South is the longest . North is the hardest. Forget the name of the other. All great.
I would join you but I wont get off work till early Friday AM. If I go it'll be for Saturday.
There is a store with items you mighth forget or break and 2 food trucks.

Ask for all 3 maps when you pay at the front. ( MC, ATV, 4WD) Very well marked trails for motorcycles. They all start very close to each other. South is the longest . North is the hardest. Forget the name of the other. All great.
I would join you but I wont get off work till early Friday AM. If I go it'll be for Saturday.
There is a store with items you mighth forget or break and 2 food trucks.
thanks for the great info! have also been running though this thread. Definitely appreciate it.

I’ll be out there Sat with Vinny and we will make sure to stop by and link up with you.

hahaha, very cool. sounds good. look forward to meeting you guys.
Plan is to be at the gate by 930. Come over to area B ( where the north and south loops start) around 10 and hopefully we can ride together. I have a tan jeep truck. Mark has a red Tacoma.

This Friday's my appt for membership renewal. did u guys get the 6 mo, or the full yr?
also, is it just a simple fill the forms and pay like before, or are they now screening, doing bkgrnd checks, etc?

This Friday's my appt for membership renewal. did u guys get the 6 mo, or the full yr?
also, is it just a simple fill the forms and pay like before, or are they now screening, doing bkgrnd checks, etc?
Very simple. They just want to explain all the rules and answer your questions depending on what kind of membership you get. Same paperwork.
They had issues trying to communicate with people at the window and with masks. This way everyone is in the same page.
I don't ride >85 F so only got the 6 month membership.

My 6 mo membership got reactivated again. During the sit down w/ lady explaining this and that, i got the feeling they had issues w/ nonmembers sneaking in the park during the week, or said sneakers didn't know/didn't want to know about that rule, ie nonmembers cannot ride when office isn't open.
whew, my wrist is sore today b/c i signed more papers there than i did when i closed on my house. :lol2:

I'm going to be out there next Friday afternoon and all day saturday riding and camping. Dec 10-12.
20210131-161054.jpg

I reserved an RV site in Area B.

Last edited:
Great weekend of mostly camping with a bit of riding.

Attachments

• 20211211_174118.jpg
    20211211_174118.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20211211_173622.jpg
    20211211_173622.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 143
  • 20211211_204513.jpg
    20211211_204513.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 134
Here's a really dumb question: I've ridden the south loop the last few times I've been out there with my uncle. I looped his KTM on the "butt buster" climb once and hurt myself pretty badly (cracked my pelvis), so now I have a mental block for that climb, which I concede is irrational. Is there a different/easier way out from that point?

Back