• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls riding thread.

Epic day yesterday, mid 70s, sunny...
got in 6 hrs seat time=3 hrs twisty pavement + 3 hrs @hf
20210114-162452.jpg

20210114-154316.jpg

20210114-155459.jpg

Dao, I have never ridden HF. Are most trails passable on the T7? I want to take my 790 out there.
Dao is a unique individual. Dont take your nice bike to HF. Its a dirt bike heaven. You can do some stuff there but .... don't.

good ol' vinny....:lol2::lol2::rofl:...

he's got a good point, though...i aint gonna lie.

but if you want to scratch your itch on T7, the trails marked 1 & 2 diamond level of difficulty is wide open, easily passable.
Level 3 on up, you'll be touching / scraping the t7's belly, so unless you have good armor underneath...

here's their maps w/ a legend of trails difficulty. 1 & 2 diamonds are all passable, easy, smooth

General 4x4 / Jeep map (1-3 difficulty)
4x4-Map.jpg

CLICK HERE - full size PDF download

ATV trails ( 1-5 level difficulty):
ATV_UTV-1.jpg

Click here for ATV / UTV map

Good info, thanks.

Maybe I can take the 390 Adventure and go check out the park roads and 1-2 diamonds.

The day use lot was nearly full again today. There were puddles/mud in the usual spots on both Ridge and South trail.

I installed a new Shinko F546 90/100-21 front tire with Tubliss over the holidays. The original AT-81 had 50 hours on it. I'm happy with the new tire so far. Much better traction than the AT-81.

Reactions: Dao
I hear great things about the 546. Ill get that next for the front

anyone interested in meeting up early Sat am as soon as they open at 8am and ride for several hours before it gets hot this coming Sat June 19?

Part of the reason I chose to only focus on one discipline, not having to make any compromise
That's brilliant! And I'm serious. All this effort trying to find the do-it-all motorcycle and all I had to do was stop trying and focus. I'm almost there. I think my days of loading the camping gear and riding far away and then over a mountain are probably finished.

I took my Yamaha two-stroke to hidden Falls this morning. I got there right is the park open about 830 and road till just after lunch. Did the south Trail, Vista and the Ridge trail. Weather was pretty good overcast and kept the heat down into the 80s. Felt awesome to be back on the trail as I hadn’t ridden off road for a couple of months. Surprisingly very few people on the motorcycle trails today. I love hidden falls.

Going to be at hidden Falls tomorrow at 9 AM to ride until mid afternoon. Being a red Toyota Tacoma in the day use area

FYI Only members during the week

I just inquired about membership for this very reason. Wanted to do weekday camping and riding. Unfortunately due to COVID restricted office hours they eliminated walk in service. To start a membership you must schedule an appointment in advance. As of yesterday they have 1 appt available Nov-12 @2pm. After that nothing until December. So looks like no weekdays for me this year. :-(

I just inquired about membership for this very reason. Wanted to do weekday camping and riding. Unfortunately due to COVID restricted office hours they eliminated walk in service. To start a membership you must schedule an appointment in advance. As of yesterday they have 1 appt available Nov-12 @2pm. After that nothing until December. So looks like no weekdays for me this year. :-(
Wow, that seems excessive and someone else in the forums can't get Bennie at CTOR to talk to them. Don't get these places.

I rode today from 10am to 3pm. I saw only three other bikes today so basically had the motorcycle only trails to myself. Regular hours for non members is Thur-Sun. Thru, Fri and usually uncrowded and campsites would probably be wide open. I am going to do a membership this year and have an appointment for early Nov.
Hidden Falls is a awesome place to ride and has something for everyone. The regular day use fees and camping fees without a membership are still really good value.

I rode today from 10am to 3pm. I saw only three other bikes today so basically had the motorcycle only trails to myself. Regular hours for non members is Thur-Sun. Thru, Fri and usually uncrowded and campsites would probably be wide open. I am going to do a membership this year and have an appointment for early Nov.
Hidden Falls is a awesome place to ride and has something for everyone. The regular day use fees and camping fees without a membership are still really good value.
Why appointment? Is it an interview process??

45 min orientation. Apparently last year they had a lot of members not following the rules etc…

... The regular day use fees and camping fees without a membership are still really good value.

True and probably with my intended use a better overall value. I basically wanted to pay a premium for Mon-Wed option.

Thurs/Fri stay like you suggest does sound good. I kept thinking weekday membership versus weekend use. That could be the best of both. Camp 2 nights and buy a 3 day ride pass.

@johnnyblaze would go ride Emma long and camp there one night on the cheap. He would then get up and go to Hidden Falls ride that day, camp and ride the next day. He would get three days of riding while only paying for 2 days and 1 night at Hidden Falls.

Back