• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

High Island to B-mont on the beach?

Bugs

Reaction score
All:

Well this was talked about before I think. Is there enough beach left to ride a DSport from High Island to Beaumont ? Just wondering has anyone done it recently. I've seen the archives about it but has any one done it in the last six mos or so? Thx.

Mike B

Last edited:
I did it back in late January with the Texas Gulf Coast HUMMER Owners Group. We had about 23 trucks total. The lead truck got stuck once, but only because he stopped half way through a marshy area after he realized he picked the wrong line. Total distance from start for finish is right at 20 miles. I didn't see anything that a DS bike couldn't do. However, watch the tide charts. There are a few areas of the beach that is pretty narrow at low tide, high tide could be a problem. And watch out for naked people.

All:

Well this was talked about before I think. Is there enough beach left to ride a DSport from High Island to Beaumont ? Just wondering has anyone done it recently. I've seen the archives about it but has any one done it in the last six mos or so? Thx.

Mike B

You thinking about doing that ride :rider:

Beach ride to Beaumont? If you mean High Island to Sabine Pass riding the beach then yes always open and no issues. Your bike must be plated though and any riding away from beach (on any vegetation) could possibly get you a ticket. About 35 miles one way, gas station at HI but nothing at other end.

If you really did mean riding to Beaumont via beach and then Sabine Lake marshlands I'd be interested as well but suspect ride would be over much private property and require trepassing to complete it.

_

Yep, I'm real interested in doing this ride. What I had in mind was to drop down from the Woodlns via series of rights and lefts to Winnie then 73 to Port Arthur and drop down to 87 and the beach.

I'll be on a Versys or my old 1100GS with all the weight off of it I can.

Maybe this weekend , rain permitting . I'll look at tide tables on google or somewhere.

Thanks to all for replies.

Mike B

twisted and sick, but in a funny kind of way

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 287
Did you ever do the ride? I've done it a couple of times on an ex250 (ninjette) with no major problems. My buddy dumped his BMW twice.

I had to paddle like a duck a few times when the sand got fine. Keep it slow your first time through because there are some surprising washouts. Also, there are debris that might end an otherwise fun ride.

Also, there is a (unofficial?) nude beach along the way, so try not to lay your bike down in that area unless you want a nekkid feller helping you up...

Back