• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500 11/2016

Reaction score
RG has said it best. Mike and Mary went all out. Awesome! Thanks mucho.

Greg, enjoyed riding with you.

The guys take a short breather at Polly's Chapel
e162e3f8120c4e59b2497772f4070ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hill Country 500: Nov 5-6, 2016

Mike and Mary.......thank you for an amazing eve & night at your property . It's a great place but the best part is you. It reminded me of the hospitality that my family has for me in Ecuador.
I can't thank you enough.

Who's the guy that rides the 950 Adventure? We had a conversation in Egan waiting for a train issue for about 20 minutes Friday. I did not get his name. If you have his contact info, please PM me. Thanks Brian

Looking like day two planned route got a good dose of rain. Hope y'all wasn't impacted too much.

Mike and Mary I sure appreciate the hospitality.
You all are fantastic.
I sure enjoyed myself.

I had a great time on Saturday. Thanks to all the folks, most importantly those who pulled me that one water crossing with the root.

My un-edited camera videos are at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/21j60xsl3xlo789/AADFxWI6tFA2btwn662ofQq-a?dl=0 ( Link should be good till Jan 1, 2017 )

I have a few more videos, they'll appear in this same folder over the next 24 hours.

Any other videos or pictures they want to share?

Pablo

Last edited:
Pablo, thanks for the videos. My gopro mount broke and I was not able to shoot.

It was great meeting everyone! I wish I could have done both days. Had to get back to San Antonio. Looking forward to many more meet ups! Below is a video I created of some of day 1.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-CiTyG2QI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-CiTyG2QI[/ame]

I think the whole event was GREAT! Richard always puts on great rides. Big thanks the Mike & Mary for host those of us that camped on Friday night, and another big thanks to Mike for showing our group the way.

I think the whole event was GREAT! Richard always puts on great rides. Big thanks the Mike & Mary for host those of us that camped on Friday night, and another big thanks to Mike for showing our group the way.

Glad you got the electrical sorted out at Stripes. For a moment there I thought your bike wouldn't cooperate. Sometimes those temporary setbacks pave the way for a greater sense of accomplishment. Well done!

My first time on a ride like this. Had a great time. I meet and rode with some great guys.
Really challenging yesterday in the rain. It was pouring down by the time we got to Round Mountain. 526 miles on the routes, 725 total for the weekend.
I would like to thank Richard for organizing the ride. I appreciate what he does for us riders and the organization.

Last edited:
Had a great time meeting riders & sharing the dirt portions of Saturdays HC-500. Thanks Mike for leading the group. Doubt I could have figured out the turn points, even with the GPS route. Also thanks for being patient with my little 250. Nice to meet & ride with a few smaller bike riders; Way-man, & Daave.

Great Ride,! great group,!
I shouldn't have last 2 miles with out your help
Thank you Kubotamike specially for your
Enormous patience with some of us during the entire ride.
Yet, The camp out at your ranch with the big fire and all that you and Mary did to host us wow
Was the best!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wish I could have made this! May make plans this winter to do this route (or the like).

Kubotamike Klan! Mike, Dan, Vinnie, Wayland, Other Dan, Jorge, Dennis, Greg, Dave and whoever else rode with us.
Here is the link to my pics and more importantly some of the water crossings. The ones Mike and I had were epic.
The folder is open, so please upload any pictures or video of our group and feel free to download any you want.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ywVgJq1WMubUNTY0JTSWhhSlU?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Some pics of the great Hill Country 500.
Hope you can tolerate my cheap brownie camera.

DSC05025_zpsa1yspgrp.jpg

DSC05026_zpscjlmtrpe.jpg

DSC05027_zpsarhfaxdq.jpg

DSC05028_zpst0aspd1a.jpg

DSC05029_zpsta6fchzq.jpg

DSC05030_zpsh0no89at.jpg

There are Aliens among us.
DSC05031_zpseigdvmec.jpg

DSC05032_zps1zirokh9.jpg

DSC05033_zpsa05r5vix.jpg

DSC05047_zpshimnmtxk.jpg

DSC05048_zps37s83dsc.jpg

DSC05049_zpsjgvmsdpy.jpg

DSC05050_zpskgtvtb5j.jpg

This is Daniel, he won the award for Long Distance.
He rode from Santa Fe, New Mexico. Love it.

DSC05052_zpsunkrtx1l.jpg

DSC05053_zpsn38soa70.jpg

DSC05054_zpsr4mtjn5y.jpg

DSC05055_zpsx7dn9i6l.jpg

DSC05056_zpsa19rltri.jpg

DSC05057_zpspizkqeej.jpg

Riders meeting.
DSC05058_zpsyycbjlrq.jpg

Nice pics Dannyboy, I see a lot of street type tires, how did they do?

DSC05066_zpshf7ahk5i.jpg

DSC05070_zpsj37qu5yr.jpg

Chain was tighter than a guitar string.
DSC05071_zpssz09ghcn.jpg

DSC05072_zps6idq3vzi.jpg

DSC05073_zpsaxbrlrhk.jpg

DSC05074_zpspj89n1hu.jpg

DSC05075_zpsssjknjnt.jpg

DSC05076_zps8zvvuiwk.jpg

Back