• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500 Adventure Challenge, May 28 - 31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Connie this is John Redford. Eddie, Hiurick and I are not going to make it. Would it be possible to get our t-shirts mailed to me so I can distribute?

Having a great ride with a great bunch of guys.

IMG_20210529_122103607.jpg

IMG_20210529_122046157.jpg

Got flooded out at the park last night. Ended up having to take shelter in the bathroom to wait out the storm. When it stopped I looked like a drowned rat. I ran up to the hotel to get my hard bags from Shawn and then went got a room at Days Inn to dry out. Returned to the campsite this morning and sorted everything out to dry. Pretty much dry now.

Gonna start heading back to Colorado tomorrow morning as I don’t want to deal with all the rain heading this way on Monday. I appreciate everyone’s helpfulness and hospitality! If anyone wants to grab dinner this evening let me know. 🙂

Hi Connie this is John Redford. Eddie, Hiurick and I are not going to make it. Would it be possible to get our t-shirts mailed to me so I can distribute?
Yes, Richard told me y’all weren’t going to make it.

Is the group doing dinner tonight ? I may run over to meet some people if so...

Gina,
Looks like rain all day up toward Mineral Wells area on Monday. I am going to skip tomorrow's ride and pack up and head home.

The group dinner is tomorrow night.

A group of us are meeting at Bella Sera Italian restaurant at 6:30 tonight for dinner. Open invitation to all to join us.

I will also be riding in tomorrow morning. Planning to be in Kerrville by 8:00am.

Anybody wanting a relaxing, mostly paved route this morning, feel free to join us.

About a 190 mile loop.

Leaving the hotel at 0800.

Is there a designated photo/video depository? TWT Facebook page?

Last edited:
Thank you Richard for organizing and all the nice folks that helped. It was my first adventure ride with any non-paved road, I learned a lot and made some new friends.

I hope to do another this year.

ramon

@Trail Boss and team, thanks so much for all the efforts. I'm a long time rider, but new to ADV riding. This was my first event of this type and it was some of the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. I will attend the next one for sure!

Thank you Richard for organizing and all the nice folks that helped. It was my first adventure ride with any non-paved road, I learned a lot and made some new friends.

I hope to do another this year.

ramon
FB HC500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back