• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500 Adventure Challenge, May 28 - 31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to join a slower group, but do want to ride on some dirt. Also new, and don't have all of the gear yet.
I will be there through Monday. Staying in Schreiner Park cabin 10.
(Monday ...) Look me up if you are interested in some nearby dirt and scenic local roads that are not on planned routes. Most are dead-ends, but still nice for an interesting ride, just not reasonable for a large group. Hope you like water crossings! I won't have access to Schriener Park so will PM you my phone and addy.

I ride slow (55mph on pavement and 70mph on dirt:rider:), No 'special' gear required... I just ride, soon to be too old to buy any 'cycle' gear. I sold my professional leathers back in 1978 (I could be real sorry someday).

It looks like it is going to be a rainy night tonight with some thunderstorms. Any plan B, camping folks?
F77239AE-9F8B-4B13-8325-A7C99A856230.png

10ECC043-B52C-478C-849C-13E54C1A1A1A.png

Opened up a room on Lone star inn since I won’t be able to make it

Wow ... Not doable this year but will watch for next year ... Maybe drive up for the bench racing at the ends of the day to meet some people

Tomorrow looking a little better now:

1622225309541.png

Careful at the water crossings, they might be high and moving fast.

All wanting to join the pavement group..

Let’s meet in lone star inn parking lot, ready to depart at 0800. Bellies full, tanks full, ready to ride!

(Feels weird typing this up while it is storming outside! But I have faith....)

For those who missed check-in Friday evening, you can check in with Connie 7-8 am Saturday morning, room 117, Lonestar Inn.

All wanting to join the pavement group..

Let’s meet in lone star inn parking lot, ready to depart at 0800. Bellies full, tanks full, ready to ride!

(Feels weird typing this up while it is storming outside! But I have faith....)
Gina, my mon had a stroke I have to take off in the morning. Whispering Dave plans to be there.

Other than that the camp ground tough guys are survivors

114CD0BD-66F1-46C9-96D7-ADC88F5D8440.png

Before lightning

973B5E40-1870-49B5-9AA1-23B5057C7934.png

During lightning

32B4C6A0-5BDB-4E00-8565-07FCE6D0A3A8.png

Anyone else thinking about delaying heading out to ride today? I am not nearly as confident in my skills as I think I need to be to deal with this weather and the mud pits to come.

Anyone else thinking about delaying heading out to ride today? I am not nearly as confident in my skills as I think I need to be to deal with this weather and the mud pits to come.
In my room contemplating the same thing. It looks as if the rain is going to let up by 8:30-9:00.

My group is delaying our departure until 9 am. The good news is once the rain ends this morning the forecast says no more rain until Monday.

The low water crossings are going to be extra fun this weekend.

This is the Hill Country 500 Adventure Challenge, with extra emphasis on “ challenge“ this year.

Here are the tracks/route for Gina's ride, we just mapped this out late last night.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Gina-Sat.gpx
    304.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Gina-Sun.gpx
    471.7 KB · Views: 188
The rain is gone! The water crossings will be *fun* in the morning but return to normal pretty quickly.

My group: still aiming for 10am departure.

Let’s ride!

Check in update!! Hi this is Connie, I’m at the Lone Star Inn in room 117. I have 18 riders who haven’t checked in. If you are one of them please let me know if you will be arriving today or if you decided not to come at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back